Growout Contest - Krusty Kraken

Let's make this the official signup list for the Dust Bowl Corals - Krusty Kraken growout contest.

Now for the details:

Entry will be $100 each and that includes shipping, Krusty Kraken sculpture, and the growout frag of Cyphastrea. Exact cyphastrea is TBD but will likely be a bling bling or meteor shower. I'll nail this down when I get the list of contestants nailed down.

Everyone will start with the same size frag.

You can purchase additional corals from the site, and it will ship along with your contest box. I will also be doing an acro grow out contest and you can have them ship at the same time if you'd like to do both.

15-20 entrants. Payout to the winner will be as follows:
  • If 15 entrants - winner receives $400 DBC gift card
  • If 20 entrants - winner receives $500 DBC gift card
Rules will be simple:
  1. You must submit an initial entry picture and monthly pictures thereafter. If you need to miss a monthly check-in, let me know in advance so it won't be counted against you. 2 misses back-to-back and you're out of the contest.
  2. The first one to fully encrust the structure will win
  3. Have fun!
Krusty the Kraken - 4" long x 3" tall with a plug holder on his head
1770683699076.png
1771122724430.gif
 
Update on the Krusty

the simpsons laughing GIF



Krakens are still being printed. As soon as we get them all printed, I'll get the lucky grow out frags, cut them all the same size, and start contacting everyone for shipping/payment
 
Update on the Krusty

the simpsons laughing GIF



Krakens are still being printed. As soon as we get them all printed, I'll get the lucky grow out frags, cut them all the same size, and start contacting everyone for shipping/payment

Krakens should be able to ship this week or early next week.

Lets get 20 in the contest!!!

20260223_192838.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new