xiaoxiy

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this one a Tenuis?
5AF300B6-B320-4C20-99C4-4B4C726DD7A5.jpeg

Looks like it’s done nothing in 14 weeks.
It's a frag from the WD right next to it. You're absolutely right, besides basing out a bit, it hasn't done much.

OP
OP
xiaoxiy

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WD mother is growing like crazy. What other Tenuis are in there?
All of my teniuses are on the same rock. The acropora to the bottom right of the WD is a tenius. The big blue acropora directly to the right of the WD is also a tenius. I call the blue one a Blue Bonnet (it was originally a wild 2 years ago) and the other one is unnamed (wild originally too).

Here's a top down of all 3:
Tenius TopLres Resized.jpeg

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pretty cool.

Been wanting to try this with stupid fast growing SPS like blue digis and birdsnests.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, is there something in particular about the gravel that makes you suspect it was the cause of the bleaching?

OP
OP
xiaoxiy

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the delay in pictures. I’ve been busy with other life stuff. I also had to shift the rock work slightly to keep corals from growing into each other, which destroys the time lapses. Worry not though, I’ve taken a new set of baseline images to do future time lapses off of again.

Just out of curiosity, is there something in particular about the gravel that makes you suspect it was the cause of the bleaching?
Both crashes occurred within 12 hours of adding the gravel. It’s mainly the temporal association and the fact that the exact same symptoms.

Sven 142

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the delay in pictures. I’ve been busy with other life stuff. I also had to shift the rock work slightly to keep corals from growing into each other, which destroys the time lapses. Worry not though, I’ve taken a new set of baseline images to do future time lapses off of again.

Both crashes occurred within 12 hours of adding the gravel. It’s mainly the temporal association and the fact that the exact same symptoms.
I Hope the gravel is now in the trash can!

Awesome pics, looking forward to the continued growth!

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're under 2x Reefi Duo Extremes mounted on Ecotech mounts. Par sits between 250-350.

IMG_5620.JPG
Are you still running the Reefi? I had gotten 2 unos for my tank and I liked everything about them except the control/interface, it was just a pain and I felt missing things. I ended up switching to G5 xr15 blues which don’t have nearly the same par that the unos could put out but just much easier to set a schedule. If you are still using them I’d be interested in seeing the schedule you run. I’d also like to see more of these progressions, these are super cool, beautiful tank!

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mega cool thread. Any updates good or bad?

DannoOMG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(1) I'm amazed at watching something that somehow grows it's skeleton outwards like that. Screw gravity!
(2) Watching people on this forum have their SPS crash because of some "little problem" makes me nervous. What a stressful thing to go through. lol

I have 1 acro in my 13 gallon and 2 monti's just as an experiment cause they were cheap at the local fish store. I haven't killed them yet but I every time I come home from work I just expect to see something go wrong and have them bleached out.

This might be the best thread on this forum by the way.

OP
OP
xiaoxiy

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still happy with the Reefi lights? Do have the 2.0 lights?
Yup! Still happy and using Reefis. I had some UV diodes burn out and Daniel promptly sent replacement pucks.

I am using the ReeFi Duo Extreme Fixtures.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back