Growth Rate Time Lapse Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter xiaoxiy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hey fellow acroheads.

I thought I'd start a thread to document my acropora growth over the next 12 months. I plan on doing weekly acro growth shots and stitching them into a time lapse gif. I will update this thread every Sunday with new growth time lapses!

We're about 5 weeks into 2021, and here's the growth so far:





How long did that take to record? What type of camera did you use? What do you do at night - do you turn off your camera?
 
How long did that take to record? What type of camera did you use? What do you do at night - do you turn off your camera?
I just take weekly photos and stitch them together into a gif! The hardest part is getting the camera into the same position every week.
 
Week 11: Steadily picking back up again! Yay!

I've denoted the week of the crash with a "Crash".




Very cool to see these corals progress week after week! I look forward to seeing the year long time-lapse! :D
 
Hey fellow acroheads.

I thought I'd start a thread to document my acropora growth over the next 12 months. I plan on doing weekly acro growth shots and stitching them into a time lapse gif. I will update this thread every Sunday with new growth time lapses!

We're about 5 weeks into 2021, and here's the growth so far:






It’s moments like this when living in a state that has legalized marijuana pays off... trippy. LOL
 
How much do your coral grow in a week? 1/4"?
 
I have a couple acros that may hit 1/4'' per week (Aussie Gold or WWC Yellow Tips) but most do 1/16'' to 1/8'' per branch on a good week.
Have you noticed better growth with the reefi leds?
 
Have you noticed better growth with the reefi leds?
I can definitely say that growth has been at least the same as it was compared to when I used a MH+T5 fixture. I am hesitant to say that it is faster/better as I don't have a control/comparison tank running.
 
Hey fellow acroheads.

I thought I'd start a thread to document my acropora growth over the next 12 months. I plan on doing weekly acro growth shots and stitching them into a time lapse gif. I will update this thread every Sunday with new growth time lapses!

We're about 5 weeks into 2021, and here's the growth so far:





Been waiting for someone to do this quality effort mate
 
This is my new favorite thread!!! I wish the 3 sps I have in my tank would grow like that! or grow in general! I have had a little growth, but nothing like that ! keep them coming!
Give them time to settle in (can take quite a while). Once they do, they'll probably take off.
 
Is this one a Tenuis?
5AF300B6-B320-4C20-99C4-4B4C726DD7A5.jpeg

Looks like it’s done nothing in 14 weeks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new