Grumpy BTA

NewReeferKev

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a rainbow BTA for approximately 2.5 months. Everyday it opened wide, showing how big and wonderful it can be. Then the great hosting started a week ago. I was ecstatic that the clownfish finally decided to love the anemone rather than the wall. Now…I’m at wits end with these two.

Roughly 2-3 days after the clownfish initiated the relationship, the anemone has been walking around nonstop. It is literally running away from the clownfish. The anemone has stayed closed and walked around for five days. Doesn’t open for light during the day, just stays in its white bubble.

Can these animals continue photosynthesis while closed up? Is the anemone just going to starve itself to show its rejection of the fish? The animal really stresses me out as it tramples my zoa’s, and I have to keep relocating coral due to the behavior. It had been in the same place for over a month, and now it shows it distaste by trying to kill everything. Get an anemone they said…it will be awesome they said… gahhhh

Any insight would be swell. It is able to puff up when it moves, but immediately closes to hide from the clown

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back