GSP, call me crazy but....

Jarhead-CO

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2017
Messages
293
Reaction score
136
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I placed GSP on my top rock when I started this hobby, I know I know but then it will take over. Call me crazy but I wouldnt mind if it took over the top of most of my rock. Has anyone ever just had a tank of GSP covered rocks like some of the Xenia gardens I've seen? Of course here are some pics.
20190820_211331.jpg
20190820_211158.jpg
20190820_211207.jpg
20190820_211217.jpg
 
I saw these barrel shaped things in my LFS and they covered them with GSP. It looks like moss almost. Kind of a cool idea. Reminds me of freshwater though.

***Am I the only one that thinks of George Saint Pierre anytime GSP is mentioned? I’m an old school UFC fan.
 
I saw these barrel shaped things in my LFS and they covered them with GSP. It looks like moss almost. Kind of a cool idea. Reminds me of freshwater though.

***Am I the only one that thinks of George Saint Pierre anytime GSP is mentioned? I’m an old school UFC fan.

I do too, haha
 
I saw these barrel shaped things in my LFS and they covered them with GSP. It looks like moss almost. Kind of a cool idea. Reminds me of freshwater though.

***Am I the only one that thinks of George Saint Pierre anytime GSP is mentioned? I’m an old school UFC fan.
Yeah I kinda see how it reminds you of moss. I like the tanks where people have all sorts of different corals all over but I also like dedicated coral tanks. Not sure how far I'll let it grow but probably the most of the top of the rock, or untill I decide to try my hand at fragging. I've never cut any coral so still kinda weary of cutting and pulling some of it up.
 
Yeah I kinda see how it reminds you of moss. I like the tanks where people have all sorts of different corals all over but I also like dedicated coral tanks. Not sure how far I'll let it grow but probably the most of the top of the rock, or untill I decide to try my hand at fragging. I've never cut any coral so still kinda weary of cutting and pulling some of it up.
GSP is really soft. I think you could just tear it.
 
GSP is really soft. I think you could just tear it.
I've had "branches" break off and you can see a small one on the bottom right of the full tank picture and where it broke off kinda died back so I'd like to avoid any killing off of the coral as possible.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new