GSP, call me crazy but....

Jarhead-CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I placed GSP on my top rock when I started this hobby, I know I know but then it will take over. Call me crazy but I wouldnt mind if it took over the top of most of my rock. Has anyone ever just had a tank of GSP covered rocks like some of the Xenia gardens I've seen? Of course here are some pics.
20190820_211331.jpg
20190820_211158.jpg
20190820_211207.jpg
20190820_211217.jpg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw these barrel shaped things in my LFS and they covered them with GSP. It looks like moss almost. Kind of a cool idea. Reminds me of freshwater though.

***Am I the only one that thinks of George Saint Pierre anytime GSP is mentioned? I’m an old school UFC fan.

AngryMike2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw these barrel shaped things in my LFS and they covered them with GSP. It looks like moss almost. Kind of a cool idea. Reminds me of freshwater though.

***Am I the only one that thinks of George Saint Pierre anytime GSP is mentioned? I’m an old school UFC fan.

I do too, haha

OP
OP
Jarhead-CO

Jarhead-CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah I kinda see how it reminds you of moss. I like the tanks where people have all sorts of different corals all over but I also like dedicated coral tanks. Not sure how far I'll let it grow but probably the most of the top of the rock, or untill I decide to try my hand at fragging. I've never cut any coral so still kinda weary of cutting and pulling some of it up.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I kinda see how it reminds you of moss. I like the tanks where people have all sorts of different corals all over but I also like dedicated coral tanks. Not sure how far I'll let it grow but probably the most of the top of the rock, or untill I decide to try my hand at fragging. I've never cut any coral so still kinda weary of cutting and pulling some of it up.
GSP is really soft. I think you could just tear it.

OP
OP
Jarhead-CO

Jarhead-CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSP is really soft. I think you could just tear it.
I've had "branches" break off and you can see a small one on the bottom right of the full tank picture and where it broke off kinda died back so I'd like to avoid any killing off of the coral as possible.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 58 27.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back