GSP coral not opening after GHA attack

HumbleAsianReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2022
Messages
74
Reaction score
74
Location
Malaysia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I think i’m winning against GHA, been fighting it for over a month. Everything in my tank looks fine for now except for my GSP which is sticking on my backwall, still covered with GHA. I did clean it with soft toothbrush every few day, but now it won’t open anymore. I guess it didn’t survive against GHA. Will it recover or i just need to give up on them? Small part of it is still okay but it’s losing colour (it more to brownish i guess)

10 gallon nano
Canister filter (brightwell xport cube no3 & po4)
Protein skimmer
HOB Algae Turf Scrubber
Live Phyto dose 3-4 times per week (
Daily Dose AF Power Elixir (after lights out)

Salifert testkit
no3: 5
Po4: 0.03
Sg: 1.026
Kh: 9
Ca: 420
Mg: 1350
Ph: 8.0-8.5 (using prodac testkit)

image.jpg image.jpg C4D4806F-23B9-41EF-A154-85816C535FBB.jpeg
 
Don't give up on the gsp but brushing it frequently can be worse than the gha. I'wouldn't brush them more than once a week. FWIW, siphoning out the algae is vetter than brushing it off. GHA puts a lot of bad DOC into the water and brushing it off only facilitates it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new