GSP is dying or being taken over by something

BigAquaBob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, water parameters are golden and GSP has been growing great for months. In the past week and half though it stopped coming out. Nothing has changed with my 75 gallon set up. I did notice this white thing growing on the side of it but am not sure if it's just part of the GSP or what. I also found this huge white thing under a rock. I don't think it's aptasia since I have seen that before in the tank and killed it off. I could be wrong so any help of what to do I would appreciate. The GSP does come out just a little in the morning but no matter if I leave the light off just do blues or turn it on normal it goes away and definitely does not come out like before. I have posted some pics of what I am seeing. Thank You for the help. I did attach a pic of what it did look like.

PXL_20210522_022350369.jpg PXL_20210522_022330180.jpg PXL_20210522_022344330.jpg PXL_20210522_022303096.jpg

stevewright1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the GSP in reasonable flow area of the tank
I have had the occasional instances of them closing up for a few days and then opening again as if nothing had happened

sometimes if the flow is too strong they refuse to show up and also if the flow is too weak sediment can settle on the coral and the polyps will not come out
a quick blast with a turkey baster or power head at range should solve the problem if its debris that's blocking the exit for them

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find GSP basically indestructible. I hate mine. I blast it with light and flow. During water changes I dump buckets on it. It never dies. It can't be killed. I know you said parameters are good but what is your nitrate, phosphate and alk?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back