Gsp keeps dying

Cobystolz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three tanks and all have gsp just fine but I’m trying to put some in another tank I’m starting that has some montipora, zoas and mushrooms all doing fine but gsp dies within a day and never opens. I’ve tried four or five separate times since I have plenty. Any ideas why that could be happening?

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to give it more time to open a

OP
OP
C

Cobystolz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
You need to give it more time to open a

I’ve tried like five times and it dies within the first day. I know that because it literally melts and disappears off the rock. Within the first day the mat turns grey and then after like three days there holes all over and a week later it’s almost gone. I’ve been trying like once a week for the last month. It’s not s your fancy tank, it only has a few tiny frags from my other tanks and one fish but it shouldn’t be killing the gsp, at least I would think it shouldn’t. The tank was previously used as a quarantine with copper but I rinsed it with vinegar and would guess the copper would be the issue if it wasn’t for everything else being just fine

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

I’ve tried like five times and it dies within the first day. I know that because it literally melts and disappears off the rock. Within the first day the mat turns grey and then after like three days there holes all over and a week later it’s almost gone. I’ve been trying like once a week for the last month. It’s not s your fancy tank, it only has a few tiny frags from my other tanks and one fish but it shouldn’t be killing the gsp, at least I would think it shouldn’t. The tank was previously used as a quarantine with copper but I rinsed it with vinegar and would guess the copper would be the issue if it wasn’t for everything else being just fine
Maybe it’s just a coral you can’t keep in your tank. I can’t keep Xenia in my tank and I’ve tried tons of time.

OP
OP
C

Cobystolz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it’s just a coral you can’t keep in your tank. I can’t keep Xenia in my tank and I’ve tried tons of time.
Yeah I don’t get it, it’s almost impossible to kill in my other tanks but as soon as I put it in this tank it starts dying. It even lived in a frag tank that had a homemade skimmer a powerhead and a homemade ato from a bucket.

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I don’t get it, it’s almost impossible to kill in my other tanks but as soon as I put it in this tank it starts dying. It even lived in a frag tank that had a homemade skimmer a powerhead and a homemade ato from a bucket.

On an unrelated topic...home made skimmer? Do share please

OP
OP
C

Cobystolz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On an unrelated topic...home made skimmer? Do share please

It was basically just a water bottle with a cup glued to the top and a wooden air stone in the bottom. It wasn’t the most effective but it did work. I plan on trying to modify the design a little and make it better soon. I will let you know if I do.

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was basically just a water bottle with a cup glued to the top and a wooden air stone in the bottom. It wasn’t the most effective but it did work. I plan on trying to modify the design a little and make it better soon. I will let you know if I do.

Aren’t you a clever monkey?

OP
OP
C

Cobystolz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BD26A06D-1BF0-42A0-B920-99D6B1A5F346.jpeg
Is it possible you have a fish or crab in that particular tank that may have a taste for it?

It’s possible but extremely unlikely. I put in one piece of live rock and haven’t seen anything on it. The other piece was dry rock, it’s extremely barren and has like five pounds In a thirty gallon. All the coral can from the tank where gsp is doing fine and it happens no matter what time I put it in, if I do it in the morning it is usually dead by that night. One piece might still be alive after a day but I’m not sure

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back