GSP not fully extending coloring up?

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can GSP receive too much light? Or other reasons GSP not fully extending and tentacles are largely purple with some just minimal green tip? It has been like this for months maybe a year in total! When I first got it it was that long flowing neon green tentacles. But like this for long time. I read they can adjust to all light intensities so why not adjusting. It is getting around 200 par. Can flow impact it?
439EF283-D788-4DE2-8757-26256EA9E9F4.jpeg
06F8965F-9470-429E-BFCA-58227AABAE88.jpeg

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can look different depending on conditions. They can handle high light though as long as they don't jump a ridiculous amount.
But flow could be a big factor. They love flow.
It could also be detritus settling on them. Use a pipette and blast them to get some of the detritus off.

OP
OP
moz71

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can look different depending on conditions. They can handle high light though as long as they don't jump a ridiculous amount.
But flow could be a big factor. They love flow.
It could also be detritus settling on them. Use a pipette and blast them to get some of the detritus off.
Thanks I will somehow try to improve flow. It is low flow in this one particular spot. Maybe I will cut a piece and move to a spot with high flow to check it out. Also don’t want it spreading all over lol. I mostly try to use GSP as an initial gauge for things going wrong but SPS acans and such are all doing great. So not overly concerned but more curious

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 42 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.1%
Back