GSP not opening with white tubes

Wilders reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2024
Messages
35
Reaction score
39
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My GSP coral opened a couple of polyps on the first day I got it but then it closed up and didnt open for a few days so I moved it to a lower flow area and after like 3 days I saw 1 polyp open but after that no more polyps. I've noticed the white tube and wanted to see if I should remove them

unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (1).jpg unnamed.jpg unnamed (3).jpg
 
Might be worth trying an ICP test. There are a number of things that can cause GSP to be unhappy. Anything from REALLY high Phosphate, Alk problems, salinity instabilities or even temperature problems.

What temperature is your tank, and what do you use to check it?

Also what is your salinity/SG and how do you check that?

If neither of those, an ICP can let you know if something is out of whack or maybe something is rusting (high iron) etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new