GSP Rapid Body Color Change.

Zakk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Cleaned up this thread after a sloppy start. I am wondering if anyone has seen this kind of rapid color change in the body of a GPS before and what the stressor is that could be causing this to happen. Thank you. Here is the info again and a picture.

NEW TANK INFO.
15G W.B. mini pen, Fully Cycled (BRS 4-month dry rock cycle) This GSP is the first coral to go in. GSP has been in the tank for 4days. The tank has one wild-caught Leopard Sea Robin. He has been in the tank for 3 months. (In the 4days that the GSP was in the tank I never saw the Sea Robin bothering it) Lighting is the BRS 70% HD PRIME schedule.
ALK 8.6
PH 8.0
CAL 470
MAG 1280
NITRATE 5
SAL 1.026

1675038353570.png

OP
OP
Zakk

Zakk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gsp mat is pretty much always purple. The green stars polyp’s come out when the lights come on. Is this what you’re asking?
No, I understand that process. This was a healthy GPS. After being in the new tank for 4Days, and never opening. Only the mat started rapidly turning that green color. The tubes that house the polyp were still purple. But it's having some kind of reaction to something in this tank.

LFS said they have never seen a GSP frag do this before. It's back there now. They are trying to save it. It appeared to be dying. (Melting from the inside out)

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I understand that process. This was a healthy GPS. After being in the new tank for 4Days, and never opening. Only the mat started rapidly turning that green color. The tubes that house the polyp were still purple. But it's having some kind of reaction to something in this tank.

LFS said they have never seen a GSP frag do this before. It's back there now. They are trying to save it. It appeared to be dying. (Melting from the inside out)
Got it. So you had mentioned “new tank” Is that “New to the coral” or new as in just set up a month ago?

OP
OP
Zakk

Zakk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is new to the Coral. Here are the details from above.

NEW TANK INFO.
15G W.B. mini pen, Fully Cycled (BRS 4-month dry rock cycle) This GSP is the first coral to go in. GSP has been in the tank for 4days. The tank has one wild-caught Leopard Sea Robin. He has been in the tank for 3 months. (In the 4days that the GSP was in the tank I never saw the Sea Robin bothering it) Lighting is the BRS 70% HD PRIME schedule.
ALK 8.6
PH 8.0
CAL 470
MAG 1280
NITRATE 5
SAL 1.026

russmenard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I am seeing something similar. It has just started within the last two weeks - I have two green patches on the purple mat. There are no GS Polyps on the patches but I have seen a couple of small, clear tube-like protrusions. Is this a pest? Some of the polyps adjacent to the bare patches don't seem to want to open. I have attached a couple of pictures. Sorry, they're not great but in one you can see the clear tubes if you look closely. Any ideas? Do I have a problem that needs fixing or do I just ride it out?

Attachments

• IMG_7168.jpg
    IMG_7168.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7207.jpg
    IMG_7207.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 20

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back