GSP purple changing white and coming off

Under mine below is pure white colored rock. Light and flow are more important to them

1709598935296.png
Gorgeous ! They’re getting good flow. I think light might be weak at 75par?
 
No macroalgae. Having a hard time finding any locally.
20 lb live sand. Sorry it’s a 20 G tank.
4-5 lbs live rock. 12 lb dry rock.
I’ll try separating the corals. Do GSP species do okay next to one another? The anthelias are close by because they’re shading the acros behind it from an intense T5 in my room (part of living room).
Gsp can go with other star polyps I'm fairly sure. Yeah I'd say go to your lfs and pick up a little bit more live rock.
You can make a ledge and partially shade your coral that way and it'll help a bit with the nitrogen
If that's not possible the best option is to still move the coral and do some daily water changes
 
Gsp can go with other star polyps I'm fairly sure. Yeah I'd say go to your lfs and pick up a little bit more live rock.
You can make a ledge and partially shade your coral that way and it'll help a bit with the nitrogen
If that's not possible the best option is to still move the coral and do some daily water changes
Will try with rock. Hard to find that “perfect” rock. For now will move the GSPs away from that section. Will start with small daily changes and see how that fairs.

Thanks for the thorough response and follow up!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new