Gsp with red Algae looking thing

Rohirrimus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers, I recently got GSP frag and glued it to the back wall, it’s settling in well , opening polyps but it’s got some red slimey thing which I’m not sure if it’s part of it or just algae.

I dipped it when I got it, doesn’t seem to have actual pests.
my tank is very resistant to algae, barely anything, but around the glued frag first thing I noticed is a bit of red algae or the back wall.

took this picture now before the light comes on, so you can see the amount of red thing:

0CE402C7-28CA-497F-98F2-8EA8BC09AF67.jpeg

It’s looking stringy and waving in the flow.
is it normal for GSP or is it algae and I need to clean it?
Keep in mind that during the day I don’t notice it on the coral, just a bit around it (almost like it’s setting in roots on the back wall) .

thanks

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers, I recently got GSP frag and glued it to the back wall, it’s settling in well , opening polyps but it’s got some red slimey thing which I’m not sure if it’s part of it or just algae.

I dipped it when I got it, doesn’t seem to have actual pests.
my tank is very resistant to algae, barely anything, but around the glued frag first thing I noticed is a bit of red algae or the back wall.

took this picture now before the light comes on, so you can see the amount of red thing:

0CE402C7-28CA-497F-98F2-8EA8BC09AF67.jpeg

It’s looking stringy and waving in the flow.
is it normal for GSP or is it algae and I need to clean it?
Keep in mind that during the day I don’t notice it on the coral, just a bit around it (almost like it’s setting in roots on the back wall) .

thanks
It’s not typical on gsp. I’m not sure what kind of algae it is but I’d try to remove it manually. Good luck!

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would Remove it Manually. You can use a turkey baster and with a small amount of pressure start to blow it clean.

-Keith

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 141 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.2%
Back