Gsp

goldenreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a look at my gsp that i have in my 30 gallon reef aquarium. Tank is still in cycle they seem to be doing great they open and close on a regular schedule pretty cool to see them as they grow what fo you guys think!

image.jpg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look nice. Just keep them separated on an island rock. They look neat, but may spread quickly elsewhere in the tank.

OP
OP
G

goldenreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man! And i so happend to put them on the top end of an island rock!

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love GSP. Hate that they grow so fast and spread everywhere. Definitely gotta keep them separated!

OP
OP
G

goldenreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you its crazy i have them in there and my tank isn’t actually fully cycled but there doing so good im happy any suggestions on the feeding schedule?

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don’t need to really feed them at all. As long as you have nutrients in your tank those suckers will grow and grow fast!

bdyslm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you attach them to the back wall of a tank? I've seen this and like the look. Is it just superglue the initial polyps?

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how do you attach them to the back wall of a tank? I've seen this and like the look. Is it just superglue the initial polyps?
Can either do that or if you have them growing on a drag plug you can epoxy plus superglue it to the back glass. I would razor blade the area it’s going as well. This is give the glue and epoxy the best bond.

bdyslm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can either do that or if you have them growing on a drag plug you can epoxy plus superglue it to the back glass. I would razor blade the area it’s going as well. This is give the glue and epoxy the best bond.

by razor blade do you mean cut the black coating off? or just scrape it to make sure there is no algae or anything there?

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
by razor blade do you mean cut the black coating off? or just scrape it to make sure there is no algae or anything there?
Yes just scape the back glass to make sure no algae or anything is hindering the adhesion process!

bdyslm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there anything else that acts in a similar way but maybe different colors or slightly different look?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two options for glass mount GSP
1- place the frag on the bottom right next to the back glass......they will grow onto glass.
2 -when you get some coralline circles on the glass, crazy glue gel to the coralline, otherwise they seem to fall off plain glass.

msujohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSP: The super spreader of the saltwater world! I got my first frag of GSP less than two years ago and I have to trim it back every month..
211271C8-256D-4745-A390-636CBA678D75.jpeg

I love the look of this tank. I have a question on how you do your water changes with some of your corals so high up and close to the top. Do you have issues doing water changes and the corals being exposed during that timeframe?

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the look of this tank. I have a question on how you do your water changes with some of your corals so high up and close to the top. Do you have issues doing water changes and the corals being exposed during that timeframe?
@msujohn Thanks! The only coral that is exposed during water changes is the GSP on the wall. The BTA is on a magnetic shelf that I can lower. What I do for the GSP is, as the water level lowers I cover the GSP with a wet paper towel to keep it from drying out. I periodically dump some tank water on the paper towel, if I'm spending a longer time doing the WC than I expected.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%

Back