Guess my parameters :)

Well my nitrate test for Hanna blinks on 75. So I’m not sure how high. Salifert shows 75ish
It’s still 50ppm, do I get a prize? :)
Oh sheesh, have you tested nitrite, it may mess with your nitrate test, in which case I’m having my money back :)
 
Well my nitrate test for Hanna blinks on 75. So I’m not sure how high. Salifert shows 75ish
With 75ish nitrate, I would have thought Alk would be lower through consumption unless your dosing.

I’ve run high alk 11.5ish for 30 years (elevated everything) but nitrate in my systems are 15-20 swing, phosphate .1ppm.

The natural sea water thing 7-8dkh didn’t work well for me.
The RS black bucket or Fritz Red Line pushes those evelvated numbers for me.
 
With 75ish nitrate, I would have thought Alk would be lower through consumption unless your dosing.

I’ve run high alk 11.5ish for 30 years (elevated everything) but nitrate in my systems are 15-20 swing, phosphate .1ppm.

The natural sea water thing 7-8dkh didn’t work well for me.
The RS black bucket or Fritz Red Line pushes those evelvated numbers for me.
I ran my new tank at 10dkh and was underwhelmed with the growth. I screwed the tank by increasing Alk and killing stuff, which made me re-evaluate. Since I’ve gone to 8 to 8.5dkh, the survivors are loving it.
 
After we guess your parameters could you share your import? How much you feeding? How much Ca you adding daily etc..
 
I ran my new tank at 10dkh and was underwhelmed with the growth. I screwed the tank by increasing Alk and killing stuff, which made me re-evaluate. Since I’ve gone to 8 to 8.5dkh, the survivors are loving it.
I believe the "rule" is that higher NO3/PO4 can run higher ALK and lower NO3/PO4 need lower ALK.
 
Feeding every other day.
 

Attachments

  • FA225960-7886-45E2-93B6-157849C113AA.png
    FA225960-7886-45E2-93B6-157849C113AA.png
    1 MB · Views: 65
  • F31FBCF1-8044-4D95-A06B-20E5E5E39DA6.png
    F31FBCF1-8044-4D95-A06B-20E5E5E39DA6.png
    838.1 KB · Views: 63

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new