Guess Where I Am....???? Back In Indo!!!! CRAZIEST Corals EVER!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I dont 100% agree with the collection of any new corals. I do agree that some have to be collected eventually, I'd rather them be hand picked for the hobby rather than mass collected by the farmers illegally. Indonesial and the Phillipeanes are the top countries for illegal harvest of marine fish and wildlife. I Personally just avoid most if not all wild caught species, and if it is imposible to do so, the make sure with LFS that they are caught in a humane way... IE no cyanide fishing.... Iv done 3 research papers on that for school and what not. Horrible stuff.

OP
OP
jfox

jfox

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I dont 100% agree with the collection of any new corals. I do agree that some have to be collected eventually, I'd rather them be hand picked for the hobby rather than mass collected by the farmers illegally. Indonesial and the Phillipeanes are the top countries for illegal harvest of marine fish and wildlife. I Personally just avoid most if not all wild caught species, and if it is imposible to do so, the make sure with LFS that they are caught in a humane way... IE no cyanide fishing.... Iv done 3 research papers on that for school and what not. Horrible stuff.

Don't forget earthquake , trash , parrot fish , crown of thorn starfish , tsunami , dynamite fishing . Local fish stores have no idea how the coral they sell are collected. If they say they do they lie! I'm my opinion I know dynamite fishing worst thing. Makes me so sad! The people I deal with are very professional! That only way il deal with them. Any Jason fox hand picked coral done 100 % proper way. On very remote islands people very poor and hungry! They can't eat coral so they throw dynamite in reef so many fish float up! For some fish to eat kill huge area of reef! I dive many places in world and all same. In many location illegal to collect coral. The people I deal with have all proper government papers. I'm just educate my friends on r2r so know what happens . Thank you everyone!

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't forget earthquake , trash , parrot fish , crown of thorn starfish , tsunami , dynamite fishing . Local fish stores have no idea how the coral they sell are collected. If they say they do they lie! I'm my opinion I know dynamite fishing worst thing. Makes me so sad! The people I deal with are very professional! That only way il deal with them. Any Jason fox hand picked coral done 100 % proper way. On very remote islands people very poor and hungry! They can't eat coral so they throw dynamite in reef so many fish float up! For some fish to eat kill huge area of reef! I dive many places in world and all same. In many location illegal to collect coral. The people I deal with have all proper government papers. I'm just educate my friends on r2r so know what happens . Thank you everyone!

Dude you forget speak english. Sound like just learn. No use proper word. You gone long time? Hahaha

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see it as a benefit to the reefs he visits.

The typical way (which I do not like at all) is to have hundreds of random colonies harvested with little regard to their commercial viability as a coral people will want.
This results in a lot of waste as handful will make the cut.

With Jason going to the reef instead of bringing the reef to him he is picking pieces that have the best chance of being desirable in the hobby thus sparing the rest from the garbage can.
These pieces will be aquacultured back here in the states and frags sold to us hobbyists when ready.

My hope is he only takes a small portion of each coral he brings home so the parent colony can continue to grow wild.
Taking the entire colony leaving nothing behind would be irresponsible.

So true, take a few; someone has to go down there to collect new corals and share with others so we can cultivate these new corals, and someday there will be no need to take these precious corals from the wild. I think Jason is the person to represent the hobbist since he has a great eye for these special corals and as long as it is affordable to keep the hobby buzzing, Some dealers gets greedy and charge thousands for a bugger size frag, Lol.

OP
OP
jfox

jfox

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to make something clear to everyone. This thread is about me sharing my experience in Indonesia with you. This is as close as you will ever get to how it really is here ! I go through much work to share this with you !! I go through more difficult travel than you can imagine . Very hot , hard to take shower and use toilet here. I bring toilet paper every where I go. Toilet not like usa! squat down hole in ground type!Hard to find proper food to eat because not used to bacteria here. I eat many banana , boiled egg, fruit that I only can cut to eat myself. I have no problem with this but many can never handle these conditions from the USA! Wow what I would do for McDonalds right now! Lol and for the haters go read another thread not mine!! Anyone that thinks I'm sitting in a Hilton has no clue. The pics I take and posting for you guys while here not easy! If any one wants to talk about reef destruction please start another thread!! Thank you everyone!!

Last edited:

JP-Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow talk about a dream trip! Very cool to see where it all is coming from! Thank you for the knowledge that very few of us will ever get to experience! Keep up the awesome thread

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to make something clear to everyone. This thread is about me sharing my experience in Indonesia with you. This is as close as you will ever get to how it really is here ! I go through much work to share this with you !! I go through more difficult travel than you can imagine . Very hot , hard to take shower and use toilet here. I bring toilet paper every where I go. Toilet not like usa! squat down hole in ground type!Hard to find proper food to eat because not used to bacteria here. I eat many banana , boiled egg, fruit that I only can cut to eat myself. I have no problem with this but many can never handle these conditions from the USA! Wow what I would do for McDonalds right now! Lol and for the haters go read another thread not mine!! Anyone that thinks I'm sitting in a Hilton has no clue. The pics I take and posting for you guys while here not easy! If any one wants to talk about reef destruction please start another thread!! Thank you everyone!!
Well said, keep doing what your doing and forget about the haters. So many people wish they could experience something like this minus all the hard work, but it's part of the process...Good Luck and more pics please:)

lakeviewink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Right on JF!! Thank you for sharing this experience with me. I am very grateful for the learning opportunity. I agree this thread is not the place to discuss your moral or philosophical view on coral and fish cultivation. Keep posting please!

OP
OP
jfox

jfox

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you my friends! More pics today! My buddy in usa will post for me while i am sleeping. i am learning many words of Indonesia language! Any time I come to countries like this it takes me at least a week to get back into speaking American words the way we say them especially the slang. It's all part of taking in all of the culture . I have not spoken to or seen any Americans entire time i have been here ! Good night it's after midnight here !

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back