• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Gulf Live Rock.com /Rant

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

The Flying Turkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live Rock From The Gulf Of Mexico. Beautiful Florida Live Rock, Premium, Decorative, Coralline Live Rock. Fast Shipping, Best Price, Specials, Order Live Rock, Purchase Live Rock

I've heard great things about the quality of their live rock. Their website says they only ship on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so your rock isn't sitting idle somewhere over the weekend. Good idea.

I will be using the rock to seed my new tank and my 50 lbs of dry rock. Over the weekend I set up my aquascape and filled my tank and sump with salt water and got the pumps and skimmer going, just testing everything out so I would be ready to cycle the tank immediately upon delivery of the live rock.

So last Friday I ordered 10lbs of their live rock knowing it wouldn't ship till Monday. Well, the money was deducted from my PayPal account immediately, but I didn't get a confirmation email. No biggy. I sent them an email asking for order confirmation and to request smaller size rocks. No response but I figure it was going to ship Monday anyway. Monday rolls around and still no word from them. I email them with no response. Tuesday comes and no word from them. I email them again with no response. Wednesday comes and I finally get a very brief email. It says they "ran out of rock but will be getting more this week." That's it. So I email them back and ask when I can expect to get my rock. I get a response that it will ship the following Monday.

What is it with the lack of customer service? Dang it was like pulling teeth to get a response and then accurate information. I should have just gone down to my LFS and plucked some rocks out of their tank.

Hopefully the rock will be great. Review to follow. If I get it.

Frag freak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually...from a dentists standpoint- pulling teeth is the easiest thing they do...

lol just trying to lighten your mood man.

idk but there has been a spat of online vendor complaints lately. I sure hope they dont try screwing you.

If it were me I woukd email for refund and if no word dispute charges asap.

thats just me tho. Goidluck and I hope they are really out of rock not jyst stringing you along.

OP
OP
The Flying Turkey

The Flying Turkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually...from a dentists standpoint- pulling teeth is the easiest thing they do...

lol just trying to lighten your mood man.

idk but there has been a spat of online vendor complaints lately. I sure hope they dont try screwing you.

If it were me I woukd email for refund and if no word dispute charges asap.

thats just me tho. Goidluck and I hope they are really out of rock not jyst stringing you along.

I was considering that, but I'll give them till Monday. If I don't get a tracking number by Monday afternoon then I'll dispute it.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well how did it turn out?
Did you get your rock?

ScoutFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live Rock From The Gulf Of Mexico. Beautiful Florida Live Rock, Premium, Decorative, Coralline Live Rock. Fast Shipping, Best Price, Specials, Order Live Rock, Purchase Live Rock

I've heard great things about the quality of their live rock. Their website says they only ship on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so your rock isn't sitting idle somewhere over the weekend. Good idea.

I will be using the rock to seed my new tank and my 50 lbs of dry rock. Over the weekend I set up my aquascape and filled my tank and sump with salt water and got the pumps and skimmer going, just testing everything out so I would be ready to cycle the tank immediately upon delivery of the live rock.

So last Friday I ordered 10lbs of their live rock knowing it wouldn't ship till Monday. Well, the money was deducted from my PayPal account immediately, but I didn't get a confirmation email. No biggy. I sent them an email asking for order confirmation and to request smaller size rocks. No response but I figure it was going to ship Monday anyway. Monday rolls around and still no word from them. I email them with no response. Tuesday comes and no word from them. I email them again with no response. Wednesday comes and I finally get a very brief email. It says they "ran out of rock but will be getting more this week." That's it. So I email them back and ask when I can expect to get my rock. I get a response that it will ship the following Monday.

What is it with the lack of customer service? Dang it was like pulling teeth to get a response and then accurate information. I should have just gone down to my LFS and plucked some rocks out of their tank.

Hopefully the rock will be great. Review to follow. If I get it.
Oh yeah! I forgot to update sorry. Yes the rock shipped Monday and it was at my door mid-day Wednesday. It's great rock. Check out my build thread for pics!
I ordered in two stages over past 3 months, a total of 55 lbs. The other premium rock I purchased ended up being my base rock, that should develop nicely with this rock seeding it. Thank you Dan! Gulf Live Rock is the way to go.
Reef tank 03312020 1.jpg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing but good things to say about Dan and Gulf Live Rock. Tons of life on the Rock you won't be dissapointed. Dont sleep on the rock like I did and let it sit at airport for hours.
This rock/coral needs to be placed immediately upon arrival or you will experience massive die off like I did.
Probably lost hundreds in free corals!
That's being said isolate the rock and search for unwanted hitchhikers as well.
I'd reccomend and cant wait to order again.
Heres a pic of my Mated pair of Clowns all nestled up in some 2 week cured GLF.

20200331_182247.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Very nice !!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 152 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back