Gulf live rock?

Vwluv10338

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would that get rid of the phosphate in the rock? I know that would get rid of organics.. Also, not sure if that would lower the Alk from the cement.

Regardless, It would have been hard for me to cook 200 LB of rock.. :)

Mine was all dead real live rock so I didn’t have to worry about alk. Also no issues with phosphate as it seems to absorb it maybe. I struggle to keep nutrients in my system and have fought dinos because of it. Started my last tank 15 years ago with with all real live rock and had no issues

OP
OP
jkkgron2

jkkgron2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give a little update:

The rock arrived on the 9th and the tank has been establishing nicely. So far I have a blushing star coral, orange cup coral, some macro algae, some amphipods (I think so? They’re Little white things on the glass), some aiptasia, bubble algae, some Watercress Halimeda Alga, sponges, hair algae and some other type of algae? Whatever it is it looks nice and I don’t mind it. I also had some clams that died, and a gorgonian that died.

I haven’t done any water changes yet, but I’m doing one tomorrow. I also need to clean the glass, because there’s coralline (yay!) algae on the glass. I’ll be adding in a couple snails on Monday to see how they do.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back