Guppy dying, very thin and have some thin red poop

maocsek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guppy is dying. Its Body is bent and I can See it is struggling and trying to gather its strength. There are some very thin thing it is pooing. Can you tell if I can save it?!
Please see video

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guppy is dying. Its Body is bent and I can See it is struggling and trying to gather its strength. There are some very thin thing it is pooing. Can you tell if I can save it?!
Please see video

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

This forum is mostly about marine aquariums, but I do work with freshwater fish….

The trouble is you guppy is very thin and is what is called moribund (close to death). There isn’t anything you can do for it I’m afraid. The bigger issue would be what other fish are in with it? You may need to treat the tank to try avoid seeing the same problem with them.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I never see a livebearer with bent spine survive long term

OP
OP
maocsek

maocsek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

This forum is mostly about marine aquariums, but I do work with freshwater fish….

The trouble is you guppy is very thin and is what is called moribund (close to death). There isn’t anything you can do for it I’m afraid. The bigger issue would be what other fish are in with it? You may need to treat the tank to try avoid seeing the same problem with them.

Jay
Only Guppies in the tank and 1 small Plecostomus. Is the moribund a result of rare feeding? I have been away for 3 days but I fed them before and the shop assistant who sold me the fish told me that they would be ok at least for 3-5 days

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only Guppies in the tank and 1 small Plecostomus. Is the moribund a result of rare feeding? I have been away for 3 days but I fed them before and the shop assistant who sold me the fish told me that they would be ok at least for 3-5 days

A healthy guppy, even a small one such as this, should be fine for 3 to 5 days without food, especially if the tank has been set up for some time and has algae growing in it.

Jay

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 78.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back