Gurgling Emergency Stand Pipe

Mazamere

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
Just set up 2nd hand 34 gallon cube. The water in the overflow is going into the emergency drain and making a gurgling sound. There is something that almost resembles a durso stand pipe on the main drain but not quite. I will attach some pictures and video to explain the set up a little better. Any advice on quieting the system would be so much appreciated.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
Just set up 2nd hand 34 gallon cube. The water in the overflow is going into the emergency drain and making a gurgling sound. There is something that almost resembles a durso stand pipe on the main drain but not quite. I will attach some pictures and video to explain the set up a little better. Any advice on quieting the system would be so much appreciated.
Also, what’s on the end of this (airline?)?

44F4CFAD-763A-481A-8ACE-79302A1F74D5.jpeg

Gary Inwood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally i would change it to an herbie system.

as flsalty said regarding valve on main drain if you have open it up a little until the water stops going down the emergency drain.

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about on your return? You need a way to adjust the flow. Since the main is wide open and you still get overflow into the emergency drain, you need to slow the flow of the return a little.

OP
OP
Mazamere

Mazamere

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Thanks for the advice. So I need to put a valve on the return to adjust the flow or change for a dc pump.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back