Gyre 2k/50 Gal Cube?

JimCali75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all :)

Getting back into the hobby. Don’t have any experience with the Gyre 2K Gyre Flow Pumps. I was thinking a clean set up would be 2 of them mounted vertically on the back wall. One on each side of the overflow box. Any thoughts? Too much flow perhaps? I’ll start a build thread here pretty soon. Gathering the last few pieces now. Thanks for any input!

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gyres put out some serious flow but the benefit is if it does, just reduce the power level. It may even be better to run them at lower settings anyway because they can get a tad noisy at higher levels.

I’ve moved my gyres about a dozen times before I was finally happy with them, now they’re perfectly placed. Just tinker around with them until the flow is what you want. I think you’ll really like them, most people do.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one at a very low setting. I have a Red Sea E-260 that is 36" long and my Maxspect XF330 at 10% is plenty

Dryanimtt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two icecap 2k gyres on my 93g cube and they don't impress me really. They're finickyand the magnets are very well. I have them turned up to 100% and they move. Making me wedge them somewhere they can't move around. The list goes on with my issues with them and I'll leave it at that.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got 2, 230s vertically in a 60, currently max setting at 40% on OGC setting. Plenty of flow for a new tank.

OP
OP
JimCali75

JimCali75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input! Has anyone else had magnet issues like Dayanimtt? I like the idea of two pumps for more diverse flow. Will two with the power dialed back still be too strong for a 50 cube you think?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back