Gyre 300 series request!

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just recently purchased two xf330's and really like them, a lot. But I have a request, can you please make the intensity changes more finite? 10% adjustments are fine for basic programming, but all of my previous pumps could be changed at 1% intervals, why not gyres? This would allow us to precisely adjust the flow to our systems/tanks. If we all had the same standard sized tank(s), then this logic works (10%), but there are so many different tank sizes and dimensions, that having the ability to adjust the intensity in more detail would make gyres even more versatile.
So, I plead with you, I beg you, please, pretty please, give us the ability to adjust these wonderful pumps in a more finite scale!
Thanks for taking the time to read my rant/request.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently purchased two xf330's and really like them, a lot. But I have a request, can you please make the intensity changes more finite? 10% adjustments are fine for basic programming, but all of my previous pumps could be changed at 1% intervals, why not gyres? This would allow us to precisely adjust the flow to our systems/tanks. If we all had the same standard sized tank(s), then this logic works (10%), but there are so many different tank sizes and dimensions, that having the ability to adjust the intensity in more detail would make gyres even more versatile.
So, I plead with you, I beg you, please, pretty please, give us the ability to adjust these wonderful pumps in a more finite scale!
Thanks for taking the time to read my rant/request.
Hi thanks for your support. However, It's based on a lot of research and reviews that we decide make the minimum intensity change 10%. One of the reason is with this small change(5% or lower) in speed, it will make the water flow change very unsignificant, or even hard to notice. The water flow change is so little that It might just cause the user confused about that the water flow has not changed at all, and have little effects.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the info. Although I disagree with the logic behind the decision to use 10% increments. I think for larger tanks the change would probably be negligible, but for tanks on the lower range (for each model), those small increments would have far more impact than you realize. I've seen this when using Tunze and Vortech pumps when using pulse mode or similar modes. In fact, when using nutrient transport mode with my mp40's the difference of 2% meant the water/wave didn't splash out of my tank. Where on gyres, I would have to use 10% less power on a particular setting, rather than dropping it down just a few % points.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but I would imagine that there are more users out there that would appreciate a more finite power scale?
I'm not here to argue, just giving my perspective on your pumps. Like I mentioned in my first post, I really like the flow that gyres produce and I will continue to enjoy using them, but thought I would give a little feedback.
Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my post.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back