Gyre 3k not running on battery backup

DeeBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a Gyre 3K hooked up to the Icecap battery backup (v1). This has been set-up for a little over a year and I had assumed was running well until we were hit with some storms a month back and suffered a power outage. Long story short, on battery the pump will only run for a couple seconds then stop, then restart again regardless of mode, then it just quits.

Today I tested the voltage coming off the battery and confirmed that it is 13.44 volts so it looks to be in good condition. The display shows the following when the power is removed.

Is there any additional trouble shooting that I can do? Thoughts?

Gyre 3k.png

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a Gyre 3K hooked up to the Icecap battery backup (v1). This has been set-up for a little over a year and I had assumed was running well until we were hit with some storms a month back and suffered a power outage. Long story short, on battery the pump will only run for a couple seconds then stop, then restart again regardless of mode, then it just quits.

Today I tested the voltage coming off the battery and confirmed that it is 13.44 volts so it looks to be in good condition. The display shows the following when the power is removed.

Is there any additional trouble shooting that I can do? Thoughts?

Gyre 3k.png

I am so sorry for the trouble you are experiencing!

We've got some FAQs about the batteries you can check out here, although I would recommend contacting our support team right away as they are much more familiar with the IceCap v1 batteries than I am. I've just used the EcoTech model myself. I just want to make sure you receive the best support possible! Although most of the team is working remotely, technically business hours are over for our support staff since they work Central Time hours (I'm Pacific). But you'll receive a response tomorrow, I assure you! My personal email is [email protected] if you want to CC me on it so I can follow your ticket.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back