!!GYRE APEX BOX I got one too!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been big fan of the gyres since they came out. I am running one in almost every tank I have including a 130 in a 24x24" frag holding tank. They are the most effective mean of water moment on the market by far. I think that the majority of us users will agree to that but the only stone they had left unturned was a control mechanism outside of the standard hardware that comes with the unit. For my prop system this controller suits every need I have pulsing perfectly all day and night. But for my display I wanted more. I really liked the idea of ramping down at night and creating more random flow throughout the day.

As most of you know now, Coralvue has announced the release of their apex control module. I have been testing one out now for a few weeks and its’ exactly what I was looking for: propelling the Gyre even farther ahead than any competing wave device or pump.

The Gyre can now do just about anything we can come up for it to do. Literally, the possibilities are limitless, bound only by your own imagination. The more I play with it the more I love it. I know this hole write up sound more like pitch than a review so here are some specs and info:)
  • This is a module that replaces the controller that comes with the gyres completely, and plugs directly into the variable speed port of the apex. The box I have is a beta and I've been told the production model looks a bit different so I've been asked not to share any pics yet, but it's basically a box with the same two connectors as the stock controller and one small port for the Var speed cable.

• You will need one for each gyre as the module will control just one at a time. Other than that there's not much to it. All the programming is done with the apex and as I said earlier, there's really no limits on what you can do. It's a very cool compliment to the already very cool gyre.
iIposted a quick video of it in action in my little display on my FB page yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/resuscitatethebattlemasterBC?ref=hl

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Man Adam, you cool kids get ALL the good stuff first :)

LOL I'll admit, this was a tough one to keep to myself. I had conversations with some of you about how great it would be if there was such a device......and you had no idea I actually had one running.:matrix: I even felt a little guilty about it, but I promised I'd keep my mouth shut till it was time.

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralvue did a good job of making it controller proof without their box lol. Usually the reef angel guys can make almost anything work but this one was a no go. Hoping the controller will work with the reef angel as well. You did well. I would have a hard time keeping that to myself!

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralvue did a good job of making it controller proof without their box lol. Usually the reef angel guys can make almost anything work but this one was a no go. Hoping the controller will work with the reef angel as well. You did well. I would have a hard time keeping that to myself!
I read from Coralvue that it will

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam...................... you!
Got myself in same boat, it's hard to keep something like this to yourself especially when you visit other ppl home and they brag about their Gyre and wishes they could control it through some kind of device hooked up to their Apex or any other controller, all a man can say is "one day, maybe one day you never know".
Wishes it could control 2 gyres as I have two running on my DT.
Ugh what are we talking about.................... I want them Wireless!!

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 76 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back