Gyre channel "A" constant off and on

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gyre 350 and advanced controller bought new, less than a year old. Whatever pump is in the "A" plug will constantly switch between "off" and running. After power cycling the controller both pumps will come on fine, but pump "A" will never turn back on after the first time it changes between "off".

I have swapped the pumps and both pumps work fine, just whatever pump is plugged into the "A" port will not work. Sometimes I can feel the pump try to start a little jerk, but then it eventually stops trying all together.

I have also taken out the power slitter and tried running just the "A" pump, same deal. I have also upgraded the unit to the latest firmware.

Here is a video of it happening.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gyre 350 and advanced controller bought new, less than a year old. Whatever pump is in the "A" plug will constantly switch between "off" and running. After power cycling the controller both pumps will come on fine, but pump "A" will never turn back on after the first time it changes between "off".

I have swapped the pumps and both pumps work fine, just whatever pump is plugged into the "A" port will not work. Sometimes I can feel the pump try to start a little jerk, but then it eventually stops trying all together.

I have also taken out the power slitter and tried running just the "A" pump, same deal. I have also upgraded the unit to the latest firmware.

Here is a video of it happening.

Hi, thanks for your support. Regarding this issue, please kindly help to provide the below info:
1st May we have its serial number?
2nd May we know how long had it been used?

As for this issue, please kindly help to double check:
1st How about changing the sockets? Plug the plugers of the contorller power supply units onto the wall socket and see if there's the same issue?
2nd May we know if you have selected the correct pump model(XF350 in your case) for Channel A and Channel B before using the pumps on the controller? The model selection methods is on below picture and also written on your paper manual:

kimros1986

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thanks for your support. Regarding this issue, please kindly help to provide the below info:
1st May we have its serial number?
2nd May we know how long had it been used?

As for this issue, please kindly help to double check:
1st How about changing the sockets? Plug the plugers of the contorller power supply units onto the wall socket and see if there's the same issue?
2nd May we know if you have selected the correct pump model(XF350 in your case) for Channel A and Channel B before using the pumps on the controller? The model selection methods is on below picture and also written on your paper manual:
I'm having the exact same problem (but with pump B outlet).

I've switched the pumps and both work, but only in outlet A.

I've tried different wall socket with no success. Both pumps are set to xf350 (as my models are)

I've bought these gyres around October 2020.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the exact same problem (but with pump B outlet).

I've switched the pumps and both work, but only in outlet A.

I've tried different wall socket with no success. Both pumps are set to xf350 (as my models are)

I've bought these gyres around October 2020.
Hi, if this is the case, may we know whether you are from USA?

chris new reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, if this is the case, may we know whether you are from USA?
Hi,
Are there any updates on that issue?
I have the exact same problem as well.
Whatever pump is plugged into A it constantly turns Off every couple of seconds.
I am not using the WiFi unit

So for example:
If it runs in random mode it switches between let’s say 10% then 30% then back to 20% and so on.
but every maybe 10 seconds it turns off for 3 seconds or so.
that happens in every mode, where it changes the %.
So in constant mode it stays on.
I have those pumps since December and they never did that before.
It started two weeks ago.

thank you very much for your help.
I was just about to order 2 more but before that I need to make sure that they work probably.

thanks

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Are there any updates on that issue?
I have the exact same problem as well.
Whatever pump is plugged into A it constantly turns Off every couple of seconds.
I am not using the WiFi unit

So for example:
If it runs in random mode it switches between let’s say 10% then 30% then back to 20% and so on.
but every maybe 10 seconds it turns off for 3 seconds or so.
that happens in every mode, where it changes the %.
So in constant mode it stays on.
I have those pumps since December and they never did that before.
It started two weeks ago.

thank you very much for your help.
I was just about to order 2 more but before that I need to make sure that they work probably.

thanks
Hi Chris;
Thanks for your support. Regarding this issue, first of all may we know whether you have selected the correct pump model before running the pumps?
Pump Model Setup Methods 1.jpg

chris new reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Chris;
Thanks for your support. Regarding this issue, first of all may we know whether you have selected the correct pump model before running the pumps?
Hi,
Thank you very much for your answer.

yes, I have it set to the correct pumps, to my xf330 pumps.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Thank you very much for your answer.

yes, I have it set to the correct pumps, to my xf330 pumps.
OK, so the issue remains, correct? And regarding the random OFF issue, how about using constant speed mode in higher level, such as Level 5 or above, does the random OFF issue happen in constant speed mode?

chris new reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it only happens in random mode and the mode where it ramps up.

Not in constant mode or the mode where you can switch between forwards and backwards

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it only happens in random mode and the mode where it ramps up.

Not in constant mode or the mode where you can switch between forwards and backwards
Hi, regarding this issue, may we know what's the firmware version of your controller
Firmware.png

Chocolatestarfish888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, any update with this issue? I have the same issue with both of my XF 330s. I just cleaned them and put them back together and not both of them are shutting off every few seconds.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, any update with this issue? I have the same issue with both of my XF 330s. I just cleaned them and put them back together and not both of them are shutting off every few seconds.
Hi, regarding this issue, may we know 1) Whether you have selected the correct pump model before running the pumps?

2) May we know what's the firmware version shown on monitor when it turns on?
1621912504545.png

Chocolatestarfish888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, regarding this issue, may we know 1) Whether you have selected the correct pump model before running the pumps?

2) May we know what's the firmware version shown on monitor when it turns on?
1621912504545.png
Hello, I was able to fix it. I just had to make sure the blades are aligned to the outer bushings. Thank you so much :)

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I was able to fix it. I just had to make sure the blades are aligned to the outer bushings. Thank you so much :)
can you tell me a bit more by this " what do you mean the blades , do you mean the white part at the end outer side", on each side aligned with that small hole

Arthur_Dent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@csmaxspect - I've just started having the same issue with "Pump B" going to off after running for about 10 seconds. XF300-C controller. I updated to v2.4 firmware, cleaned the pumps, did two factory resets, and the issue remains. Both pumps work fine, and the Issue follows "Port B" on the pump when I switch the wires around. The controller is about 2.5 years old. It does this no matter what mode the pump is in (constant, alternating, etc).

Any suggestions?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back