Gyre channel "A" constant off and on

Arthur_Dent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an interesting turn of events, I banged the controller on the wall. It started working. I ordered a backup just in case. Would be cool if maxspect would hook me up with a discount, but nobody ever said this hobby is inexpensive.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an interesting turn of events, I banged the controller on the wall. It started working. I ordered a backup just in case. Would be cool if maxspect would hook me up with a discount, but nobody ever said this hobby is inexpensive.
How hard did you hang it ?

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@csmaxspect - I've just started having the same issue with "Pump B" going to off after running for about 10 seconds. XF300-C controller. I updated to v2.4 firmware, cleaned the pumps, did two factory resets, and the issue remains. Both pumps work fine, and the Issue follows "Port B" on the pump when I switch the wires around. The controller is about 2.5 years old. It does this no matter what mode the pump is in (constant, alternating, etc).

Any suggestions?
Hi, regarding this issue, may we know whether you have selected the correct pump model?
Pump Model Setup Methods 1.jpg

WunderWagen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the same issue with Channel A on my Gyre XF330 dual setup... tried the above fixes (other than firmware update since I had to order a smaller class 4 Micro SSD) with no luck. Is the fix a replacement controller?

I did submit a ticket for this with CoralVue.

WunderWagen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not too happy with CoralVue right now... I sent them a video of the issue and a copy of my receipt showing purchase on May 22 2021 from BRS. The new 525XL tank took a bit of time to be delivered and setup and we needed the closing on our new house to complete (new tank for the new house) which was on July 3rd, so the start time for the tank setup was that week. They confirmed from the video that the controller was faulty and that since both pumps (XF330 Gyres) worked on Channel B that was the only issue.

Anyways, after several back and forth e-mails with customer support their first response was it was past the 1 year warranty so I had to buy a new controller. I then asked for a customer service exception since I was only a month and half past the warranty based on the receipt date even though the tank and equipment was not set up till July and their final response was a "customer service" offer of 10% off the new controller.

A failure from new equipment so soon after warranty is a pretty messed up situation (planned obsolescence?) especially since the equipment was not put into use till July.

CSMAXSPECT, any chance you can help me with this? Customer service agent was Tonya...

CK00020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralvue customer service is a joke, I asked them if they would sell me a new controller and they linked me to some dog food company. That was after a month of waiting for them to give any feedback.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralvue customer service is a joke, I asked them if they would sell me a new controller and they linked me to some dog food company. That was after a month of waiting for them to give any feedback.
LOL

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That gal I got online after (1 week and half), four back and fourth's. And then! Finally the phone was one complete Betch... I said it... yes I did.... People like that should not be hired by any company, if the company cares at all. Had to be someone's wife I am sure... 26 years in the direct saltwater business here. I am just being totally 100% honest.

Last edited:

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, thanks for the reply! I have selected xf330 for both channels, using the mobile app.
I to am having an issues with pump B, on my 350 gyre twin. B gyre works fantastic on A! .. Nothing wrong with motor at all. And A gyre will not work on B... The B side will not work in constant mode nor variable setting as well. Cant get into Maxspeck site as well, just to make things worse.. I am off to get a Micro card for my phone to get a "newer?" update.. Is that right? I am now bald on one side of my head! Just from pulling my hair out.... Oh and I did ALL that you have posted above as well.... Please conversate with me on this issue I need some help.. Thank you..

Last edited:

BARNAKEWLZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update here on how to fix it?? I guess Im another casualty of the controller. I came here thinking there would be a fix for an On/Off issue that looks like others have experienced.. but it's just sounds like another product back by a reputable company like Coralvue with no support on how to fix it. I guess I am in the market for a new wave maker. pretty sure that dozen of cheapo pump that I could have bought for the price of this one would have lasted me well past the year and a half this one did... sad.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update here on how to fix it?? I guess Im another casualty of the controller. I came here thinking there would be a fix for an On/Off issue that looks like others have experienced.. but it's just sounds like another product back by a reputable company like Coralvue with no support on how to fix it. I guess I am in the market for a new wave maker. pretty sure that dozen of cheapo pump that I could have bought for the price of this one would have lasted me well past the year and a half this one did... sad.
Hi, how about checking it with our new local distributor for American market:
Email address - [email protected]
Phone Number - 763-432-9691 8am - 6pm CT M-Th / 9am - 4pm CT Friday

mike 0223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had constant problems with the max spect pumps. They are horrible and there is no customer support. They have way too many settings and make a simple thing like pumping water horribly frustrating putting all the life in the tank at risk of dying. They should be taken off the market. No one seems to know how to get them to work consistently

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had constant problems with the max spect pumps. They are horrible and there is no customer support. They have way too many settings and make a simple thing like pumping water horribly frustrating putting all the life in the tank at risk of dying. They should be taken off the market. No one seems to know how to get them to work consistently
Hi may we know what product do you have and what is the issue?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back