Gyre / ice cap issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimbo662
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2013
Messages
4,943
Reaction score
2,168
Location
Austin, Tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the 150. About a month ago I noticed it wasn't working. You could see the blade spin for a fraction of a second and stop then about 5 seconds later it would repeat. The ice cap module had the green light on solid and a slow flashing red light. I took it apart and cleaned it and it started working. I was gone two days for Christmas and got home and noticed my sand covered with algae! The gyre had stopped working again with the same symptoms. I knew it was clean and could see nothing had gotten in and jammed it. I took it apart and put it back together without cleaning it and it started working again. I'm wondering if it's actually the ice cap that's causing the issue. This weekend I was going to put the original controller back on it and see if that fixes the issue.

Anyone else seen this type of issue?
 
After discussing with a local reef club guy I realized this may have started after I programmed alternating pulses. I set it up to run in pulse mode for 30 min then normal flow for 30 and so on during the day. I've gone back to standard flow all day and just alternating the intensity throughout the day. We'll see if the issue happens again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new