gyre not working

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got my gyre a couple of houres ago and i can not get it to work.i put it together put it on the setting i wanted and push the button to blue and nothing.i have takin it apart and made sure everything is together and nothing seems out of place.im i missing something?is there a number i can call for help.

OP
OP
gacolt

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got it working now.but its not very powerful.i have it at 80% power and i dont see any flow on the other side of the tank or in the middle of the tank.

Ericsch333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check to make sure the paddles or on take the outside cage off and make sure when you turn one they both move

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drop some pellets in tank this will show you the flow. You have to remember flow with gyre is not focused like power heads it is very wide

OP
OP
gacolt

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gyre seems to be working now.i can see it pushing water from one side of the to the other but i have a 80% and it's nowhere near as much flow as my other setup so I still think there is something wrong.

OP
OP
gacolt

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i submited a ticket to coralvue its been 6days and still have not heard back.i wish i did not buy this pump.

Fish76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried rotating the flow cages and playing around with how deep from the waterline the pump sits (I'm assuming you have it horizontally mounted)? When I originally had set mine up, I got a lot of movement on the water surface but didn't seem to be too much flow across to the other side of the tank (60" tank). I started messing with the flow cage rotations making slight rotation adjustments cause for mine I noticed that just a slight rotation made a big difference on the flow direction. I also messed with the height and found the sweet spot and find that I have to turn it down quite a bit from before or else things start getting crazy in the tank. I have it set at 50% currently.

OP
OP
gacolt

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have tried moving the cages around and moving it up and down on the side of the tank.the propellers are not reversed.the gyre reads maxspect not tcepsxam.i have to turn it up to 80%-100% to get the gyre effect

Fish76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have tried moving the cages around and moving it up and down on the side of the tank.the propellers are not reversed.the gyre reads maxspect not tcepsxam.i have to turn it up to 80%-100% to get the gyre effect

OK, just curious, what was your setup before? And how's your rock work? Are they tall and in the way of the flow path or is it pretty open? Sorry I'm no help, just seems really odd you wouldn't get flow on the other end since mine really goes crazy anywhere near the 70-100% setting. Maybe something is just busted on it. Good luck.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back