Gyre placement on Red Sea Peninsula

Aggie1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for advice on placement for my Gyre Maxspect 330 on my Red Sea Peninsula 500. I plan to start with LPS and soft corals.
My LFS tells be to place vertically on the upper portion of the overflow box, but all the video I see place it horizontally. I am sure other 500 Peninsula owners here will have some definitive insights. Where do you place yours for best total tank circulation? Attached to the overflow chamber - on one side or center? Horizontally or vertically? Or, opposite end of tank? Thanks!

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you wish to keep, wanting SPS dominant then place horizontal both ends of the tank. LPS/softie tank then 1 horizontal on the overflow. I don't owe either of these products but is what I would probably do. Also don't know what your scape looks like and I recommend putting it in the tank and moving it around till you find the flow your looking for.

OP
OP
Aggie1978

Aggie1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you wish to keep, wanting SPS dominant then place horizontal both ends of the tank. LPS/softie tank then 1 horizontal on the overflow. I don't owe either of these products but is what I would probably do. Also don't know what your scape looks like and I recommend putting it in the tank and moving it around till you find the flow your looking for.
Thanks, here is a pic of my aquascape - I will also be placing about 1" -1 1/2" of sand. I like the idea of moving it around to see the flow. I just don't know if I place on the overflow there will beAttach files enough circulation on the far end of my peninsula to remove detritus.

IMG_1758.jpg

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, here is a pic of my aquascape - I will also be placing about 1" -1 1/2" of sand. I like the idea of moving it around to see the flow. I just don't know if I place on the overflow there will beAttach files enough circulation on the far end of my peninsula to remove detritus.

IMG_1758.jpg
I like the scape, usually the dead spot will be right below where the pump is placed so detritus will pile up there.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 81.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back