Gyre XF-150 noise

ImGoingCoastal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So. Simple Question.

How loud should a Gyre XF-150 be?

I bought one used and well, I kind of feel like I bought a lemon. I had to replace some bushings and clean the crap out of it... Twice.

Anyhow, finally got it up and running but it's decently loud. Is that normal? I am pretty sure I have it at or near the lowest setting. It's a vibrating sound.

I'm about to buy more parts, but hate the thought I might buy parts I don't need.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used a newer gyre from anybody recently. That said, I found Jebao first, then Maxpect and later Icecap all to be wanting. They all have (or had) motors that lack torque and they all had cages that need too much adjusting and screwing with to get running properly after they have been taken apart for cleaning.

When they work, they can produce lots of flow, but when they get finicky, they can be a pain in the butt! But that's my opinion based on older equipment. They may be better now... ;Sour;Meh;Hurting

Fish4udog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my 150 for 5 years no noise take it out every couple months and clean it other than that has so much flow still can only run it on 2 in my 120. Contact coralvue, Carlos was a great help when I 1st got mine had a issue he helped fix it

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got two, rarely clean them, and they are quieter than my mp40s. Actually don't hear them at all.

Back