Gyre XF230

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added the gyre 230 to my tank over the weekend, bought it brand new. I'm running it on pulse mode from 10-30% and the noise is driving my crazy.

I'm running a mo40wqd on this tank as well, was going to get rid of the mp40. Going to give the gyre a few weeks before I get rid of the mp40.

Did a break in help?

OP
OP
jazzmik

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added the gyre 230 to my tank over the weekend, bought it brand new. I'm running it on pulse mode from 10-30% and the noise is driving my crazy.

I'm running a mo40wqd on this tank as well, was going to get rid of the mp40. Going to give the gyre a few weeks before I get rid of the mp40.

Did a break in help?

It seems quieter. Been running about a week now. I hooked up my 130 with it this past weekend also and have it running the LTC preset right now.

Will stick with it for now since I don't want to spend any more money.

If I were to switch up I think I'd pick up a couple Tunze 6105'so.

mpjmeyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you have better luck with the Gyre. I've had mine hooked up with the new controller for almost 2 weeks and never had a noise issue at all, although I've heard about the break in period. I guess I got lucky because mine is dead silent...all I hear are the waves being made. It gives my tank awesome circulation!!

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you have better luck with the Gyre. I've had mine hooked up with the new controller for almost 2 weeks and never had a noise issue at all, although I've heard about the break in period. I guess I got lucky because mine is dead silent...all I hear are the waves being made. It gives my tank awesome circulation!!

Is your's the 230?

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hate to give up on the Gyre after a few days in the tank, it is literally the loudest piece on my system. It I turn it up past 30% is annoys the crap out of me.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pelphrey I would give it a week or two.

For my sake I opened a ticket with Coralvue on this issue, it looks like they aren't very active here on the forums. I wanted to go ahead and get the ticket entered for my records if in fact the noise does NOT reduce or I have issues with the pump later down the road.

Thanks for your input!

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my sake I opened a ticket with Coralvue on this issue, it looks like they aren't very active here on the forums. I wanted to go ahead and get the ticket entered for my records if in fact the noise does NOT reduce or I have issues with the pump later down the road.

Thanks for your input!
I think the support ticket should have been the first thing to do....assumed you already had. I know they have a lot of technical issues with the KH guardian right now....it might be longer than usual to get a response.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a response from CoralVue -

How long has the pump been running? All pumps are noisy when first installed because they are brand new and the parts have not been coated with bacteria. As the pump breaks in and bacteria populates the surface of the pump, it acts as a natural lubricant that quiets down the pump substantially.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back