Gyre XF330 Vs Icecap 2K

GoTakeANap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone. I cant figure out which one i want to go with. I need your help. Has anyone in the forums tried both of these pumps out? Which would you go with? Are both near silent? Any info on either one I would greatly appreciate. These pumps will be used in a Waterbox Reef 100.3.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only comment on the xf330 which I have running at 30%. I previously had it at 60% (too much flow for my 75) and still was silent. So far so good 2 to 3 months later. Have not taken it out to clean yet.

RBZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both and really the only difference I see is the programming on the controller and the directional flow.
I am currently going to buy a new one for another tank and I am going with the Maxspect Gyre because I like better programming not just ramp up and downs like the Icecap does(Limited Programming). I want high tide and low tide programming and not shutting down or keeping a constance flow overnight but doing what the ocean does IRL. So if the direction flow and the extra programming is worth the difference to you that is how I decided. It is for me but a lot would go the other way as long as they can plug and play and not worry about the advance features.

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 2k and am very happy with it. I can hear it when it’s in reverse mode but not in normal.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back