H2O2 for Zoa's

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We talked about using H2O2 to clear algae from zoa frags. I went back and looked at the last time I did it. I used 1 part 3% H2O2 to 4 parts tank water and let them soak for 4 to 5 minutes.

Hope that helps!

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I even saw a video about soaking a zoa and an acan in straight 3% H2O2 to get rid of algae without any harm done to the corals. The video initially shows a clip of his family playing with a baby - the link is a correct one for H2O2 dipping though. So stay with it.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are trying to dip zoa to get rid of parasites such as zoa eating nudibranch, fresh water dip is just as safe and effective. I don't know if fresh water or H2O2 dip is effective against Sundial snails or sea spiders...

Frank Scalfano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a mass die off of my zoas after buying some new ones from an online retailer. Every one of the zoas I bought died within a couple of weeks, and my existing zoanthid colony, numbering in the hundreds, collapsed. The only thing that survived from that order was a Duncanops polyp. My stony corals are fine, as is my anemone. No fish problems. Is this likely a disease from the new zoas, or an effect from the toxins released when the new ones died?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back