Had Reef Crystals changed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter H@rry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
3,434
Reaction score
575
Location
Huntsville, AL
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody besides me noticed that the last batch was more powdery/dusty than normal?
 
The "last batch" is really relative to when you bought it and how long it was on the self. I have noticed that my most recent box has a higher Mg (1350) been and a tad lower alk (10 instead of 11).
 
I've been getting around 160ppm Alk and 420 Calc with mine... just got a new box and mixed in a bag with the little bit I still had in the bucket and same parms. My Mg always runs high with it though around 1530 with salifert kit. I mix to 1.026 measuring with a refractometer. I was getting around 200 ppm Alk / 450 Ca around same Mg. I test Alk and Ca with Hanna checkers.
 
I haven't tested the parms but I just noticed what I thought was a difference when I poured it out of the bags into the bucket and when I was measuring it. Seemed to be more "fluffy".
 
Yes. when I pour the salt in a 5 gal. of heated R/O water with a powerhead for mixing. the top of the water looks like it's smoking for a minute or so. and I noticed my ALK being lower in my tank. I have not tested the fresh salt water yet. I thought something seemed different.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new