Had this guy for a long time and never knew it

ShakeyGizzard

Southern Dude
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2023
Messages
8,080
Reaction score
32,867
Location
West Central Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My crew of Turbo snails is well over a year old, they have doubled in size at the least. One of them has always had a bump on its shell, I figured it was just a deformity of the shell. Well, when I had a good look at him its turns out to be a clam.

20251013_173645.jpg

20251013_173654.jpg
 
My crew of Turbo snails is well over a year old, they have doubled in size at the least. One of them has always had a bump on its shell, I figured it was just a deformity of the shell. Well, when I had a good look at him its turns out to be a clam.

20251013_173645.jpg

20251013_173654.jpg

He's just hitchin' a ride...

 
I’ve had some small clams like that that can actually move. Not sure if yours is one like that, but if so, it might have migrated from your live rock to the snail.
 
I’ve had some small clams like that that can actually move. Not sure if yours is one like that, but if so, it might have migrated from your live rock to the snail.
no live rock, the clam came with the snail. I noticed the bump when I purchased the snails, the bump seemed to grow with the snail, that's what threw me off
 
What an awesome discovery!
 
Is it alive? Like is it actually growing also?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new