OP
OP
Mario0240

Mario0240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I greatly appreciate you clarifying! So, just to elabortate a little, I could do aggressive fish and get away with some palys/zoas and other soft corals, but it'd be best to get rid of the haddoni?

My wife has gotten a little attached, probably because she's pregnant and in the nesting phase, to the lionfish so it'd be harder for me to get rid of him over the haddoni.. only problem is, i don't know anyone in my area that would want a haddoni this large...

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 inches Lion will eat 4 inches wrasse or slender body fish no problem. He prob won't eat a 4 inches tangs. He will put out a lot of waste, unless you starve him.
Reef tank needs high light for the corals. The light will result in high algae grow and trash your reef tank.
So your Lionfish will be very detrimental to a reeftank, and detrimental to other fish in your tank.
Also Haddoni require very high light and this will cause problem in high nutrient tank which is the result of having a heavy eater in your tank.
If the Lion fish and the Carpet have been together for 1 year, it is unlikely that the carpet is in good shape. May be I am wrong, but I don't think so. If you can provide a good picture of the Carpet, we and point out if he is well or not.
You can remove the Lion and turn your tank into a reef, or remove the carpet and turn your tank into a low light FOWLR (Fish Only With Live Rock). It is unlikley that you can keep a fairly large Lion in a reef long term
Good luck with your tank.

OP
OP
Mario0240

Mario0240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
270b70e1db51113ad179d55dac82bbbf.jpg

This is him a couple of days ago. He’s still a little stressed from the move and all but he seems to be well rooted in the sand and has walked between a couple of rocks. I’ve been leaving him alone while he gets back in his groove and while cleaning.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Haddoni is a beautiful anemone but a little bleached and very sparred tentacles. His tentacles should be fuller and longer, more like these:
carpets-and-carpets3-jpg.815663

greenhaddoni2019050401-jpg.1141556

OP
OP
Mario0240

Mario0240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he looked the way he does now before he got moved. for what it's worth, the whole system got moved last saturday.
Should I blue the lights a little bit? i have them set a little whiter as i've read they like a whiter spectrum..

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use bright light. These anemone are at the surface and exposed to air in low tide. They are among the animals that can withstand highest intensity light. Do have them deeper so lower light is OK but not a lot lower. Full spectrum light not blue.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Predator fish tend to make a lot of mess -- they eat a lot and poop a lot. This typically means excess nutrients unless the filter is appropriately sized. This also means that if not done correctly, the corals will suffer as a result.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back