Hair algae… again

OGReeferTY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m having hair algae bad again. I’m thinking of either a sea hare or a black Molly. Not really wanting to get anything too pricey. And not wanting to use chemicals. I had a rainford goby last time but it seemed to disappear after the hair algae was gone. Which I know sea hairs would as well but I can give them food. Any thoughts on it? Right now I have a fluval evo 13.5 with two clown fish. Some clean up crew including some hermit crabs, emerald crab ( which isn’t eating the algae) turbo snail and a fighting conch. I’ve also heard urchins are good but I do t want them eating the few coral that I have.

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Urchins won’t eat coral but they may bulldoze them, in that size of tank the best treatment is manual removal. How bad is it? Nanos are tough as your limited on herbivore selection and nutrient swings. A sea hare will quickly eat the GHA and only should be taken as a “loaner” unless you plan on keeping up on plague levels of GHA. Lots will eat it if you keep it short, specifically snails, cowries, limpets, etc. bicolor blennys will pick a little as well, but you are the best CUC in a nano! My 10 gallon nano was more labor intensive than my 106 gallon system!

OP
OP
OGReeferTY

OGReeferTY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting there id say. I went on vacation for two weeks and my neighbor fed the tank. Also my lights were on regular and not blues.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 86

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back