Hair Algae and Emerald Crabs

BrianAnthony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to post a shout out to the Emerald Crab.
Recently, I had an outbreak of green hair algae. I searched everywhere for opinions on getting rid of the pest. I saw many solutions and opinions. I put 3 new emeralds in to keep it under control along with other methods of preventing it from coming back. I never thought they would eat the long hair. I thought they would only eat the algae in the beginning stages. Nope... They went in and started eating the long hair too. They dug in and we're physically pulling in the long thick stuff and chomping away. They even picked between my zoa polyps. I hear they are good for bubble algae too.
Thanks Emerald Crab.

chadmiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to post a shout out to the Emerald Crab.
Recently, I had an outbreak of green hair algae. I searched everywhere for opinions on getting rid of the pest. I saw many solutions and opinions. I put 3 new emeralds in to keep it under control along with other methods of preventing it from coming back. I never thought they would eat the long hair. I thought they would only eat the algae in the beginning stages. Nope... They went in and started eating the long hair too. They dug in and we're physically pulling in the long thick stuff and chomping away. They even picked between my zoa polyps. I hear they are good for bubble algae too.
Thanks Emerald Crab.
What size tank

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I sell a trap for them when they start to become a problem

7E711A00-B863-4F71-99F0-488F70878765.png BAFFFA21-A804-4E72-8F2C-4C389FFAA109.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back