Hair Algae or Bryopsis?

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some species of bryopsis take longer than others. Still keeping fingers crossed :D Stop watching the tank for a day that's what I had to do lol. It's like waiting for a pot to boil. If you're sitting there watching it seems to take forever but if you're doing something else it's boiling before you know it [emoji12]

OP
OP
rockstarta78

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some species of bryopsis take longer than others. Still keeping fingers crossed :D Stop watching the tank for a day that's what I had to do lol. It's like waiting for a pot to boil. If you're sitting there watching it seems to take forever but if you're doing something else it's boiling before you know it [emoji12]
Lol that's a good advice. Good thing is, during the day I'm over an hour away from my tank. But when I get home after work I'm checking in the Bryopsis every hour.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol that's a good advice. Good thing is, during the day I'm over an hour away from my tank. But when I get home after work I'm checking in the Bryopsis every hour.
Even though you're bryopsis has ferns on it it is more hairy like as opposed to a full Fern frond. The more hairy like ones tend to take a little bit longer than the other. I had the same as you do.

OP
OP
rockstarta78

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though you're bryopsis has ferns on it it is more hairy like as opposed to a full Fern frond. The more hairy like ones tend to take a little bit longer than the other. I had the same as you do.
Hopefully they will die down soon. I think now I know where out came from. I got a Monti cap from a local refer, I think it came from there.

OP
OP
rockstarta78

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 6

I see some of the fern is looking little white. Few of the branches are very white and others are turning light. So I'm hoping it'll start dying off soon. Thinking about doing one more dose on Saturday. That'll be the 8th day.
eab994832ba54623a90ab628cf8b1df7.jpg

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 6

I see some of the fern is looking little white. Few of the branches are very white and others are turning light. So I'm hoping it'll start dying off soon. Thinking about doing one more dose on Saturday. That'll be the 8th day.
eab994832ba54623a90ab628cf8b1df7.jpg
Wait the 14 days out 1st. Then if you feel you need to dose a second time do a small wc and redose

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@prsnlty thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it.
You're welcome :D It may be a slow to start in your system but you're showing signs of it dying which is EXCELLENT news! I truly believe it's all going to kick the bucket. I just don't want you to add more meds than you have to - until you have to ;)

OP
OP
rockstarta78

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 7

Not much to report. Things are turning white slowly, very slowly, extremely slowly. I'm hoping in another week things will artsy looking better.

So I turned the skimmer and the GFO off. Should I leave them off or should I at lest turn the skimmer on? Debating on the skimmer.
3e47d500d0a3e720bf1ee9aa618e922c.jpg

OP
OP
rockstarta78

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 8

Added 5 more fluco today. Nothing died in last 7 days. Things are looking same. Other then couple of fern turning light white, no actual difference has been noticed. So decided to add 5 more fluco.

Skimmer and Gfo still offline.
98c0c67b7c9419003d84dab7b70790e1.jpg

OP
OP
rockstarta78

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the 2nd dose, and it's been only 2 days, the high effected areas are not showing any signs of slowing down.

Does anyone know what these stringy things are on the algae? is that part of the Bryopsis as well?
acbc5009d5b55442e04de73f4dca6d90.jpg
52cc0057e006d995eb9dd8f20259a8b0.jpg

Shua71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this? I'm having the same issue and thr fluconazole isn't making a dent. Looks to be the same type of algae as well

Bubba002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quit the flucon immediately. After I used it I had a massive battle with Dino’s. In 15 years of reefing never had them. Blacked tank out for three days waited a week and did that again and now I am plagued with diatoms. Found out last night I need to change my RODI cylinders doing that in the next few hours. Also having a refug/sump made for this Red Sea Max. Their filtration system is not the greatest. I have read myself blind everyone has an opinion and they are all different. Best I have gotten is leave it alone, keep your hands out of the water. Basically who doses it in the ocean no one hand feeds the Meat Coral or uses a tooth brush on rocks. I keep me glass clean and pray. I hope the RODI is the problem I had read about it but it had only been in operation since May and it is only a 69 Gallon tank but it has changed color so I’ll do what I have to do. But STOP the Fluc. Others are reporting having the same problems after using it. Good luck let me know when it clears. Shirl

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back