Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How invested are you in the current livestock? Your tank looks very infested with Bryopsis which is miserable. . I'd just tear it down and start over if you can. For any good corals or fish you should either re-home or quarantine for the time being. Always dip and quarantine in the future. Dry out the live rock and begin again.

Everyone will say no we have a cure but odds are you will spend more time and money trying to defeat this pest than having a fun reef to watch grow and thrive. Good luck but the next 3 months will be hell and you should just restart.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How invested are you in the current livestock? Your tank looks very infested with Bryopsis which is miserable. . I'd just tear it down and start over if you can. For any good corals or fish you should either re-home or quarantine for the time being. Always dip and quarantine in the future. Dry out the live rock and begin again.

Everyone will say no we have a cure but odds are you will spend more time and money trying to defeat this pest than having a fun reef to watch grow and thrive. Good luck but the next 3 months will be hell and you should just restart.
It took 2 weeks to kill the bryopsis in my tank with nearly no effort. On average that is all it takes.

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took 2 weeks to kill the bryopsis in my tank with nearly no effort. On average that is all it takes.
"On Average" please add link with facts to the source that 2 weeks is all it takes to eliminate this pest. Because I can link multiple sources of bryopsis being an ongoing issue that is hard to cure.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"On Average" please add link with facts to the source that 2 weeks is all it takes to eliminate this pest. Because I can link multiple sources of bryopsis being an ongoing issue that is hard to cure.
It really does work. Keep in mind when you read that thread that the ones that are taking longer are not trying to kill bryopsis they are killing green hair algae with it. It will kill some species of green hair algae but it takes longer usually 21days and two treatments of the medication. Bryopsis death becomes apparent in about 4 days in but averages 2 weeks to eradicate it completely from the system. Some take a little longer than others as you know all tanks are not the same and there is more than 1 species of bryopsis :)

OP
OP
rockstarta78

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I always QT my fishes, and dip my corals in Bayer. So I'm really not sure how it got in my tank. I have ordered fluco, we'll keep you all posted and let you know how it goes. But starting over, sadly is not an option.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweetheart I'm glad you can repost news from this site. If it's on a forum it's real.....Please...
It works. 7 days for me.

Look at the thread, follow thier research and then fact check it , And then Do your own research pumpkin.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always QT my fishes, and dip my corals in Bayer. So I'm really not sure how it got in my tank. I have ordered fluco, we'll keep you all posted and let you know how it goes. But starting over, sadly is not an option.
Bayer only kills bugs. Is a realm I don't like to hear Bayer so highly reccomended. It's not a n all in one.
If you add a product like revive to your regimine or peroxide for some coral it'll help.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H2O2 scares me. What if it kills the coal
do some research on the best way to use it. Never use it undiluted.
Or use a product like revive.
I use a 10 to 1 Peroxide ratio but have not dipped all types of coral in it.
A visual inspection is very importan to new corals and keep an eye on them for a while too.

OP
OP
rockstarta78

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do some research on the best way to use it. Never use it undiluted.
Or use a product like revive.
I use a 10 to 1 Peroxide ratio but have not dipped all types of coral in it.
A visual inspection is very importan to new corals and keep an eye on them for a while too.
After I do the fluco treatment, every coral gets a toothbrush, revive, and Bayer treatment. I'm not fighting this again. ☹

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I do the fluco treatment, every coral gets a toothbrush, revive, and Bayer treatment. I'm not fighting this again. ☹
right!
I use a a 3.5 stage system. Bayer seawater, revive seawater rinse , water rinse, rinse, (.5) rinse inspection. Three 2 liter costo containers.
The only ill effect from peroxide I have personally had is unhealthy zoas don't like it. some recover some dont.

OP
OP
rockstarta78

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right!
I use a a 3.5 stage system. Bayer seawater, revive seawater rinse , water rinse, rinse, (.5) rinse inspection. Three 2 liter costo containers.
The only ill effect from peroxide I have personally had is unhealthy zoas don't like it. some recover some dont.
After this PITA algae, I hate saying this, but I'm willing to take a risk with peroxide, even if some sick ones don't make it through.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After this PITA algae, I hate saying this, but I'm willing to take a risk with peroxide, even if some sick ones don't make it through.
lol. right? Just go slow. I def stopped as much impulse buying. I i did i just gave the lfs money and put it on hold.
Its good thing to do at WC day. that way you have 5 g of tank water to play with. My wc;s are pretty fast these days.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many pills did you use and how many treatments did you do?
One 200mg capsule per 10g of wv. The full instructions are on the 1st page or 2 of the bryopsis/fluconazole thread I posted a link to last night.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 133 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back