0   0   0
60b32eb3e4972a93e9cfcdcfab96f276.jpg

How do I get rid of this?

PJS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta find that balance between nutrient import and export. Controlled feedings with proper filtration is key. I myself went with a oversized skimmer and a Rev4 L4 ATS from @Floyd R Turbo. I reworked the way I feed using candy trays to recube my frozen food mixture. It really helps.
I hope this helps and good luck!

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd start by manually removing/siphoning as much out as I could, then I'd increase the flow in the lower part of your tank... it looks like it doesn't receive enough movement in the pictures. Besides that, make sure your doing at least a 20% WC every other week with RO water.. only feed 1x per day and avoid dumping all the frozen juices into the tank (I just use tweezers). Make sure your photo period on the tank isn't more than 9.5 hrs (I'd go with about ~8 hrs for your situation) and ensure the tank isn't receiving direct sunlight

OP
OP
C

clownvalk3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I add another power head at the bottom of the tank? I have 2 powerheads on the water surface

AntarcticIkeelu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1317.JPG image.jpg The biggest thing with your tank imo is how new it is. Over time your tank should straighten itself out. To illustrate what I mean take a look at my tank in these 2 pictures. The first is a picture of the left side of my tank about 5-6 months after I started and the second is a picture of it today. About 1 year and 4 months after I started it.

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I add another power head at the bottom of the tank? I have 2 powerheads on the water surface

Idk where your power heads are at right now, but I would have one pointed slightly up, and another pointed slightly down.. just try to make it so the water near your sandbed isn't a dead zone regarding flow.

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd have the left power head pointed slightly down and towards the front of your tank, and the right power head slightly up (like it is) and toward the back of your tank... if you can, try to angle your returns a bit to the left

Girish23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use fluconazol 20mg per gallon one time and shut off your protien skimmer or run minimum setting skimmer shouldnot remove medicine you dose it and see the difference after few days its not cost on your fish or coral or microalage it is very safe

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also add a lawnmower blenny or a bristletooth tang (as long as its at least a 40g tank for a tang.. hard to tell in pics) maybe try some emerald crabs/lettuce nudibranch/ margarita snails/ scarlet hermits.

OP
OP
C

clownvalk3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd have the left power head pointed slightly down and towards the front of your tank, and the right power head slightly up (like it is) and toward the back of your tank... if you can, try to angle your returns a bit to the left

What returns?

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From your canister.. idk if you can or not. Feel free to add another power head if you can.. your can never go wrong with having too much flow

OP
OP
C

clownvalk3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use fluconazol 20mg per gallon one time and shut off your protien skimmer or run minimum setting skimmer shouldnot remove medicine you dose it and see the difference after few days its not cost on your fish or coral or microalage it is very safe

Can I still use it if I don't have a skimmer?

AntarcticIkeelu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to use RO water, tbh if you do that it should fix most of your problem and prevent others in the future. Specifically diatom blooms

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back