Hair algae ??

Shawcabelguy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2020
Messages
103
Reaction score
44
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got this algae that recently started growing beside one of my corals just on one spot on my rock work and now it looks like it starting to grow on my sand bed what should I do ??

16176502447015194668538744709564.jpg 16176502659377696282270732920658.jpg
 
I've got this algae that recently started growing beside one of my corals just on one spot on my rock work and now it looks like it starting to grow on my sand bed what should I do ??

16176502447015194668538744709564.jpg 16176502659377696282270732920658.jpg
Would you say that this organism appeared after you put the coral in the system, or might this mat have been present already?
 
i would also say its cyano too you could try changing your feeding regime and also black your tank out for 3 days as well as a water change
 
Would you say that this organism appeared after you put the coral in the system, or might this mat have been present already?
Well I've had the coral for a while but I have no fish in the system now so I'll probably just black out the tank for 3 days and do a water change and see what happens thanks guys
 
No problem at all thats what these great forums are. please keep us posted, and hope you do get rid of the horrible stuff. :)
 
Think I should aclimate the light when I turn it back on
 
yeah i would it certainly wont do any harm to acclimate and am sure your coral will appreciate it too :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new