hairy hairy acros

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's your hairiest acro that's not a milli?

this one has insane polyp extension...still a pretty small piece, but growing quickly.

gqjeffs.jpg

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is pretty hairy! my Borealis is pretty hairy, some polyp tentacles are over 1/4" so it fuzzes out pretty well. A healthy pink lemonade seems pretty hairy, but certainly not as hairy as the OP's acro!

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I didn't see the tips of that acro I would not have know what it was. What kind of acro is it?

lars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very cool. i need one asap! keep us posted over time with pics please.

OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice one Troy!

my piece is actually one I got from a buddy about 5 years ago. it was just a fresh cut unmounted 1/4" frag at the time. I believe he originally got it from frag farmer as a colony in a box pack back in the day. shortly after j got it from him he had a tank crash and lost the original. I grew my frag out to a small colony and gave it to a friend to hold while I went through a tank redesign a few years back. he has that colony in his tank now and it's a huge colony. he fragged this piece off the mother for me a while back.

luckily it seems to be a very hardy piece that grows quickly. when it's happy the tips are BRIGHT purple.

I think my buddy has a pic of his original colony. I'll see if I can get him to post it.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
def. a sick piece benny... since my reef is 98 percent sticks i have moved to the hairy acros myself to get some movement going on in there... kinda boring without it lol....

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Ben, I actually got it from another farmer back in the day not Eric at FF. It was a private connection with a buddy out of Indiana. 5 yrs ago at Macna I know I sold 10 frags in less then 5 min so it has to be out in other areas but I did talk to a few peeps that got it and non of them still have it.

Here are a few pics of it back in the day.

DSC03424.jpg

sweetplana.jpg

DSC04450.jpg

Here is a pic of it after a big hit of zeospur.
limegreenpurpletips.jpg

Here are a couple more shagadelic treats.
millinewgrowthsinceCV.jpg

DSC03435.jpg

tricolormilli2.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome piece Troy!!! Looks great! What kind is it, just out of curiosity??? I am fairly new to sticks.......

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok jeff that is sick!!! I am sooooo envious of those pieces, especially the first one!!! What kind is it and where do you have it placed in your tank???

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome piece Troy!!! Looks great! What kind is it, just out of curiosity??? I am fairly new to sticks.......
it was a maricultrued piece i bought about a year ago i thought it was very unique with the thin branches and it was originally a bright yellow with purple tips...... i thought a yellow acro besides lemonade yes!!!!!!! i dipped it the flesh peeled right off it i thought it was dead and i noticed a few polyps so i kept it quarantine for a couple months and it morphed to a mint green with blue tips.... it's a nice piece..:)

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys thanks for the kind words. Those were the good ole days all those were lost in the crash a few yrs back. Just really starting to get back into it as coming home from a vacation to see white sticks is not cool. Especially when you leave and it looks like this on an end shot of an 8 foot tank.

DSC04483.jpg

DSC05166.jpg

corals.jpg

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back