Acros fully retracted before light cycle ends

Matt Bravo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2022
Messages
774
Reaction score
377
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I need some help with my acros.

As the lights go on, they look great. Polyps are out and they look healthy. Now as soon as lights start turning off all polyps retract fully. This has happened twice already in the last week but all my other corals look healthy

420 calc
9.0 alk
Mag 1400
7 nitrates
.13 phosphates
1.026 salinity

I’m mainly worried because I just bought a few pieces today. I went out after putting them in and when I came back one of the 3 new ones completely RTN on me. The others haven’t peeled yet, one shows no polyp extension and the other is showing some. I’ll add a few pics below too

51F4F6B4-FBBB-459E-B5EF-14F9292A6E5A.jpeg IMG_2496.jpeg
 
I just realized one of my other acros has a bit of skeleton showing too, note that they were recently fragged before purchasing too. Also note that I did see a sexy shrimp on the coral in iodine dip and I saw an emerald crab on top of a monti the other day too.

Could this be invert related or is it more likely water quality related?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new