Hairy Hammer?

Jcat2k

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2018
Messages
71
Reaction score
87
Location
San Jose
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... one of my 2 hammer corals has things (hopefully not things) that look like hair on its base.

Is this some kind of worm or other critters?
Hammer Hair.jpg
 
If it doesn't affect the coral I would let it be, but as soon as it starts closing up or something I would definitely dip that man. They look like some type of worm
 
If it doesn't affect the coral I would let it be, but as soon as it starts closing up or something I would definitely dip that man. They look like some type of worm
I gave it 15 min. Bayer dip when I bought it. None of the filaments appear to be moving on their own - but its creepy, so I'm gonna pull it when I get home and see what it takes to remove them/it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new