Hali yellow "coris" wrasse and candy cane pistol shrimp

R0C95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, this has been beat to death, but looking for very specifics here to my tank. I acquired a Yellow coris female about 2" in a tank breakdown. I've heard not to chance any wrasses with inverts or pistol shrimp. In my 60g cube, I have a yellow watchman goby and a candycane pistol.

To my point: this wrasse has been in my 5 g QT observation tank for a month now. I've really grown to like her. Also, very interested in the pest eating benefits that this wrasse brings to my display as coral is getting really high end. However, concerned about the mixed answers in my research about this wrasse playing nice with my pistol. I dont mind if any fish eat my CUC, but the pistol would be a different story. Should I add this wrasse to my display with good enough confidence that my pistol will stay safe?

Thanks!

Jseimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t specifically speak for the yellow coris wrasse. But I have a Christmas wrasse and a mellanarus wrasse and they don’t care about the shrimp I have at all. Keep them fed and they won’t care. Sadly each fish is different and there could be a chance. Being a pistol shrimp though it’s probably safe

OP
OP
R0C95

R0C95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t specifically speak for the yellow coris wrasse. But I have a Christmas wrasse and a mellanarus wrasse and they don’t care about the shrimp I have at all. Keep them fed and they won’t care. Sadly each fish is different and there could be a chance. Being a pistol shrimp though it’s probably safe
Thanks, I do keep my tank fed well. The wrasse in my qt has done great with eating like a pig. Also, I have the yellow watchman goby thats about an inch bigger paired up with the shrimp so I think the shrimp is well protected. Love to hear other thoughts but im truly leaning towards going for it.

Jseimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I do keep my tank fed well. The wrasse in my qt has done great with eating like a pig. Also, I have the yellow watchman goby thats about an inch bigger paired up with the shrimp so I think the shrimp is well protected. Love to hear other thoughts but im truly leaning towards going for it.

If you have a fish trap handy to in case you need to rescue

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've kept large H. chrysus with pistol shrimp, cleaner shrimp, blood shrimp without issues. The main thing that would be in jeopardy would be very small shrimp like sexy shrimp.

OP
OP
R0C95

R0C95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input you two. I think im gonna do it and keep a fish trap handy just in case.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back