Yellow Coris Wrasse.

Kenmx10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thinking about purchasing a Yellow Coris Wrasse. What has been your experience with shrimp compatibly, such as a peppermint or skunk shrimp? Thx

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
if the wrasse is bigger than the shrimp it’ll likely go for it. if they’re full grown, maybe, maybe not

i had a yellow wrasse(they’re no longer called yellow cori’s wrasse. they’ve been misidentified it seems). and it was great. swam around looking through rocks and such picking at copepods and pests. voracious eater, too. loved frozen and pellets

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thinking about purchasing a Yellow Coris Wrasse. What has been your experience with shrimp compatibly, such as a peppermint or skunk shrimp? Thx
I have a similar species - Halichoeres iridis and have had the sister species - Halichoeres leucoxanthus with shrimp like Cleaners, Fire, Harlequin, Boxer, Peppermint, Etc. And not once did I find a dead shrimp to the wrasses. The only time I found they’d eat a shrimp was if the shrimp had died or was dying.

Halichoeres chrysus is no exception to this (It’s not a Coris as Coris is its own genus of wrasse).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back