Halichoeres leucoxanthus in ~ 45g cube ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Patx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Patx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2019
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
980
Location
Montréal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Halichoeres leucoxanthus in a 45 gallon tank (25x25x19) for about 2 years.
I searched the internet before adding it (e.g., liveaquaria, suggests 50 gallons).

But lately I'm wondering if it makes sense.
So far so good... but once it reaches its adult size (I read 5 inches).

now I'm really unsure of my choice.

Any opinions/experiences?

1000013251.jpg
 
I have a Halichoeres leucoxanthus in a 45 gallon tank (25x25x19) for about 2 years.
I searched the internet before adding it (e.g., liveaquaria, suggests 50 gallons).

But lately I'm wondering if it makes sense.
So far so good... but once it reaches its adult size (I read 5 inches).

now I'm really unsure of my choice.

Any opinions/experiences?

I find fish tend to stay smaller in smaller aquariums. Either way, you already have him. If it seems happy and not stressed out, there’s no sense in fixing what isn’t broken. If it gets too big, you can always give it to your LFS or someone local with a bigger tank.
 
I find fish tend to stay smaller in smaller aquariums. Either way, you already have him. If it seems happy and not stressed out, there’s no sense in fixing what isn’t broken. If it gets too big, you can always give it to your LFS or someone local with a bigger tank.
That make sense. 👍
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new