Halichoeres pictus (rainbow wrasse)

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know much about this wrasse? Its a good one to get with multiple Halichoeres in the tank? 180g.

I see it sold at Divers Den right now, and there is another wrasse similar to it also called rainbow wrasse but its listed as Coris atlantica.

Just wana make sure the pictus isn't mislabed as it looks very similar to the coris.

pitus.png

and

corvis.png

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Common names can be confusing with wrasses (hello Yellow Coris Wrasse!). I think the pictures look accurate.

FYI, the pictus gets close to twice as large as a Halichoeres biocellatus or claudia. I don't know if this particular species is more peaceful, but larger Halichoeres should be considered reef safe with caution as the bigger ones can decimate CUC. @Slocke @i cant think maybe you know about pictus?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know much about this wrasse? Its a good one to get with multiple Halichoeres in the tank? 180g.

I see it sold at Divers Den right now, and there is another wrasse similar to it also called rainbow wrasse but its listed as Coris atlantica.

Just wana make sure the pictus isn't mislabed as it looks very similar to the coris.

pitus.png

and

corvis.png
Both of these are quite aggressive from memory. With several wrasses it would maybe work but you’d have to pick out more boisterous species like Chloropterus and Melanurus.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 63 46.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 31.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back